'cause I could get a lone star if I had the money and I could start saving up, though I'd rather get something that you can find for cheaper in Europe.

So, what amps sound like a mark I and go for €1k or less in Europe?
Or should I just say **** it and get a lone star?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
My first amp was the MB Lonestar (older version) and some peeps say it's "better" than the new version. I haven't auditioned the new version so maybe you can report back if you get the chance to try both.
Bugera Magician is all I can think of

You can look for a Mitchell Pro100 but I don't know if you can find one in Europe

It would be a bit cheaper than the Lonestar, but the Mesa S.O.B. (Son of boogie) is soposed to be the Mark I circuit
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Ippon
My first amp was the MB Lonestar (older version) and some peeps say it's "better" than the new version. I haven't auditioned the new version so maybe you can report back if you get the chance to try both.
My first amp was an MG30FX

I will sure try and find both LS's in a store.

Though by new version do you mean the lone star special or the lone star classic mkII (the one with power scaling and so on)?
Quote by Robbgnarly
Bugera Magician is all I can think of
I think that one didn't even come out in the EU 'cause it didn't meet some electricity/safety standards.

Knowing bugera's rep I wouldn't trust them with this really...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Feb 25, 2015,
Then the cheapest I can think of is a Mesa S.O.B. they run $450-$600 used here
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ only I can found here so far goes for €850.

I think I'll look some more
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I get a pretty close MK1 tone out of my Markus module in my RM100. It's more of a Mark 2C circuit but I told Anthony (from Salvation) that I wanted an Abraxus lead tone and he delivered pretty damn close to the that.
You need an RM100/80/50, man. New modules are cheaper than new amps. Stick a Markus and a Loneclean in it and you're cooking.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
not an amp suggestion but something to consider. Mesa makes some pretty nice overdrive/distortion pedals that mimick their amps. pretty sure they have an ovedrive pedal that is supposed to give you that MK1 kinda sound.
^ Dunnow.
I'm skeptic about pedals of that kind...

Well I'll look into that at least, thanks for the suggestion.
Quote by Cathbard
You need an RM100/80/50, man. New modules are cheaper than new amps. Stick a Markus and a Loneclean in it and you're cooking.
In the EU though a used RM50 with a markus and a lone clean are gonna cost me more than a used lonestar, and I'm looking for something considerably cheaper than that
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Almost every Mesa does 2 things well: Fender Blackface style clean tone and thick creamy Mk1 style OD and sustain. There are now about 80 different models that offer a lot more gain stages and channel switching, amp emulation and all but the signature Mesa sound can be had in a Studio 22, F-30, F-50, 50 Cal, SOB, Lone Star, and on and on. Subway Blues is the only one I know that doesn't really get into Mk1 territory in a combo and the Dual Rectos have more of a Metal edge than a Mk 1. Go find some amps, plug in and see if they work for you.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Yeah Id think with any used smaller Boogie (not cheap in EU I know) you could get close. Unfortunately very few things can do Mesa tone (probably due to their being very aggressive about legally defending copyrights and circuit designs).
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
See if you can find a late '80's Carvin XB100 (might be an XV!12B, etc.) series. They're a near duplicate of the Mesa Mk I, and should be about $350 on eBay.

This one has an oak cabinet and cane grill, comes with active controls, EL34s, assignable 5-band graphic EQ and an EV (XV112E) speaker.

And the Boogie:

Back when, both Carvin and Mesa Boogie had factory stores within about 50 yards of one another on Sunset, across from the big flagship Guitar Center. I dragged the XV112B down to the Mesa store with the blessing (and participation) of the Carvin and Mesa guys, and we spent about an hour contrasting and comparing. They're really VERY close, soundwise.
^ from my understanding the X100b is a JCM type circuit that you can get a graphic EQ on. And it sounds more like a JCM800 than any Mesa I have heard. I had a X100b head (no EQ) and it was very Marshall sounding not mesa.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Schematically they're quite different. The Mesa has the gain stages after the tone stack, the X100 has the tone stack after the gain stages, of which there are three. That's the main thing that makes a mark a mark - and why they're so hard to dial in. The X100 has an op-amp driven tone stack. Not the GEQ, the normal tonestack. It's a bit weird really.
I wouldn't say that it's based on either a JCM or a Mark, just looking at the schematics. I don't think I've ever heard an X100 so I can't comment on tone similarities. That was just with a cursory look at the schematics and from that, it looks like its own thing really.

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/pdf/amps/x100b-22-k-carvinschematic.pdf
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100