Page 1 of 2
I mean euthanasia, of people with terminal illnesses.

I support it if they want to, it may let people die with dignity rather than suffering needlessly.

Discuss
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
i wish i was in the 70s so i could have made up youth in asia and used it for my band first

i would have done it too if it weren't for those meddling punks. like a year ago i thought of it and thought i was ****ing brilliant for a week until i looked it up.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by chrismendiola
We already had this thread and it was a total shitstorm.

We could use a shitstorm in the midst of this shit drought. Shh, hear that. The winds of shit are blowing.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
After watching my dad succumb to early onset Alzheimer's over the course of 7 years and having to stop him from throwing himself off a building while he was still lucid enough to realise what was in store for him, I am distinctly pro-euthanasia.

Starting the thread on a positive note
🙈 🙉 🙊
~The shit wave a'comin~

*puts up shitshield*

POD's Youth of Anesia song was never good. GTFB in your sunday class with that shit, it was never good, and it never will be good... no matter how many times you play it when Warthog Warring on Blood Gulch.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i wish i was in the 70s so i could have made up youth in asia and used it for my band first

i would have done it too if it weren't for those meddling punks. like a year ago i thought of it and thought i was ****ing brilliant for a week until i looked it up.

why does it matter if it's the 70s or not isnt punk all about doing everything thats already been done before?

Quote by Eastwinn
what are the circumstances?

Any circumstances. Whatever your imagination can conjure.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by Wormholes
their dongers are blurry.

Quote by So-Cal
Lol

They have not raised them enough.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Personally, I'm against it life is still worth living even if you're in constant pain. There is always some good to find. That's my two cents and will probably be flamed for it.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Personally, I'm against it life is still worth living even if you're in constant pain. There is always some good to find. That's my two cents and will probably be flamed for it.

Your grandma is dying from cancer and is in horrible pain. She has two months to live and even that requires her to stay in a hospital bed for most of her time. She is too weak to walk further than her trip to the loo and the high-point of her daily life is lunch. She has expressed the desire to be euthanized.

What gives you the right to demand from her that she suffers through all of it for some off chance that her life gets better, when there's a whole community of medical professionals practically promising her otherwise?

I'm not trying to flame you but since the entire point of euthanasia is to relieve someone from a long period of suffering with practically no chance of recovery, the argument 'it might get better' isn't the smartest one.

It might start start raining lava tomorrow. All of the meteorological community is saying that it won't. I'm against your right to not purchase lava insurance because it still just maybe might. U mad?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Your grandma is dying from cancer and is in horrible pain. She has two months to live and even that requires her to stay in a hospital bed for most of her time. She is too weak to walk further than her trip to the loo and the high-point of her daily life is lunch. She has expressed the desire to be euthanized.

What gives you the right to demand from her that she suffers through all of it for some off chance that her life gets better, when there's a whole community of medical professionals practically promising her otherwise?

I'm not trying to flame you but since the entire point of euthanasia is to relieve someone from a long period of suffering with practically no chance of recovery, the argument 'it might get better' isn't the smartest one.

It might start start raining lava tomorrow. All of the meteorological community is saying that it won't. I'm against your right to not purchase lava insurance because it still just maybe might. U mad?

She might get better. She might hold the key to finding a cure to cancer. And you want to kill her?
Quote by So-Cal
She might get better. She might hold the key to finding a cure to cancer. And you want to kill her?

No. I'm giving her the right to kill herself if she wants to. I myself have no say in the matter. Also a 'cure for cancer' is a fairytale, stop using it whenever you wanna say that someone may do something good for humanity.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Yeah i know but what if she suddenly did get better and then we studied her and found some genetic thing or whatever and it advanced our understanding of a certain type of cancer. Ya know? I'm just saying.
Quote by So-Cal
Yeah i know but what if she suddenly did get better and then we studied her and found some genetic thing or whatever and it advanced our understanding of a certain type of cancer. Ya know? I'm just saying.

In the world we currently live in she has no obligation to help society in that way. I don't like it but I'm usually not the one defending it so w/e.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Feb 26, 2015,
Quote by Wormholes
their dongers are blurry.

Not true. Just the pubic hair, which makes it sooooooooooooo much more odd to me
I think there's a terrible assumption among most that for some reason the existence of life trumps quality of life, and that any possible suggestion that it might be better for a life not to exist than to exist is unthinkably immoral.

I think that people are forced to live in suffering and denied such fundamental control over their life is a complete disgrace and it's disgusting that as a society we think that could be right.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
In the world we currently live in she has no obligation to help society in that way. I don't like it but I'm usually not the one defending it so w/e.

These points have probably been argued before by people way smarter than me so ill just say yes to euthanasia.
Quote by entity0009
After watching my dad succumb to early onset Alzheimer's over the course of 7 years and having to stop him from throwing himself off a building while he was still lucid enough to realise what was in store for him, I am distinctly pro-euthanasia.

Starting the thread on a positive note

The discussion of euthanasia always made me uncomfortable cuz whenever it was on the news the right was often being championed by sufferers of MS, which my dad had.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by MadClownDisease
I think there's a terrible assumption among most that for some reason the existence of life trumps quality of life, and that any possible suggestion that it might be better for a life not to exist than to exist is unthinkably immoral.

I think that people are forced to live in suffering and denied such fundamental control over their life is a complete disgrace and it's disgusting that as a society we think that could be right.

best post 2k15
Quote by JamSessionFreak

I never said it might get better. I spoke of finding the good in the bad. Completely different.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
I never said it might get better. I spoke of finding the good in the bad. Completely different.

and what is the good in suffering in pain with zero quality of life?
Quote by So-Cal
These points have probably been argued before by people way smarter than me so ill just say yes to euthanasia.

yeah, true we're just basement dwellers, not philosophers
Quote by Most_Triumphant

Finding the good in the bad is up to the person living their life, not you. If they can't find a reason to live anymore you're not gonna change their mind with some flowery words or by telling them that they can't kill themselves.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak

well i am anyway
no basement is probably better than an unfinished basement

no running up stairs super fast because possible murderers or ghosts
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by JamSessionFreak

real philosophers are compelled by the state to commit political suicide

vaguely relevant
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
real philosophers are compelled by the state to commit political suicide

vaguely relevant

noam eastwinn
An underrated Megadeth album for sure! Blood of Heroes in an epic track, and Family Tree is just creepy and sick. Only Dave Mustaine would write about that!
Quote by FrettieMercury
An underrated Megadeth album for sure! Blood of Heroes in an epic track, and Family Tree is just creepy and sick. Only Dave Mustaine would write about that!

Obligatory
Page 1 of 2