Hey y'all.
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but because I could find no better alternative, I'm posting this here. Haha. Does anyone know of any country songs with good slow solos? I feel like I should be able to pull a hand full right out of my head, but I can't, so if anyone has any suggestions, thanks!
Check out Blake Shelton's Sure Be Cool If You Did. It has some slow riffs you can work with.
Thanks! I'm not necessarily looking for something with easy to pick up licks, I'm working on my slow playing. It doesn't necessarily have to be country, I'll take any suggestions. Country is what I'm playing with people right now, though.
The Chair. Don't know who did it, very little lead and all slow and melodic. Can't think of any others, I don't play much country and never listen to it.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
The Chair. Don't know who did it, very little lead and all slow and melodic. Can't think of any others, I don't play much country and never listen to it.

YouTube Albert Lee...
George Strait did the original recording, or the one that was on every juke box in the known universe when I learned it, don't know who did the guitar for him. Couldn't remember it yesterday...looking at a couple of videos, it seems most of the lead was done on pedal steel. I never knew that, I learned it onstage with a friend's band, after listening to his guitar player do it a few times. No pedal steel, you improvise...

I looked up Albert Lee a few days ago, excellent picker. Don't know if he ever worked with George Strait, but he did do a lot of guitar for a lot of people...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
A couple from the master... well her lead guitarists anyway!
(you'll notice the youtubes both start *at* the lead breaks)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTNLYeaL7No&t=1m25s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGaVQN-en2A&t=2m18s
Last edited by tonibet72 at Mar 3, 2015,
Eagles early stuff like "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and "Take it Easy".
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by bubbaguitarman
Thanks! I'm not necessarily looking for something with easy to pick up licks, I'm working on my slow playing. It doesn't necessarily have to be country, I'll take any suggestions. Country is what I'm playing with people right now, though.

1) Check out Blues Dream and "The Willies" albums from Bill Frisell - he has amazing phrasing and those albums are pretty country blues. There's a lot of slow tempo stuff in there and he has a very relaxed style that focuses more on sustained notes.

2) Check out Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits - great phrasing. "Brothers in Arms" is as good as it gets.

3) Lenny from SRV - great mix of major and minor pentatonics on his solo.

4) Albert King - ( anything 60's) he never plays fast and kills it every time.

5) BB King - thirll is gone 60's version -