Hi, I need to add some connectivity to my effects board. I need to add the ability to connect and return from the effects loop in my amp. I was simply going to construct a diecast box with 4 1/4 inch jack sockets in it so I could patch the relevant effects into socket 1, send the signal through a long cable connected to socket 2, take the return signal back from the amp using another long cable into socket 3 and patch it back into the board via socket 4. When I have checked other patch sockets in the board already installed (Boss BCB 60) I can see that as well as the sockets being wired as I would expect there are both can capacitors and ceramic disc capacitors wired in - presumably for noise suppression and to stop 'popping' when connecting/disconnecting ?? Should I emulate this in my patching box and if so with what components and where? Thanks for any wisdom.
I wouldn't bother. It's not like you're going to be plugging stuff in all the time with your amp on. Not sure why boss does it TBH, lots of people make these breakout boxes and they're almost always just jacks and wire. Once in a while there's a buffer thrown in but that's a different animal.
Quote by Levitation
Hi, I need to add some connectivity to my effects board. I need to add the ability to connect and return from the effects loop in my amp. I was simply going to construct a diecast box with 4 1/4 inch jack sockets in it so I could patch the relevant effects into socket 1, send the signal through a long cable connected to socket 2, take the return signal back from the amp using another long cable into socket 3 and patch it back into the board via socket 4. When I have checked other patch sockets in the board already installed (Boss BCB 60) I can see that as well as the sockets being wired as I would expect there are both can capacitors and ceramic disc capacitors wired in - presumably for noise suppression and to stop 'popping' when connecting/disconnecting ?? Should I emulate this in my patching box and if so with what components and where? Thanks for any wisdom.

Hi Levitation. We recently starting shipping a new product, the Patchulator 8000, that may do exactly what you want plus give you even more flexibility. Basically it's an 8 channel send-return box, quite small, that allows you to simply patch the your signal around easily, so you can change the sequence of effects, send to different destinations, etc. It sits nicely right in the middle of your pedalboard or on your desktop. We also use it to share effects between several synths and samplers, and share effects between our pedalboards. And actually we've been using it to patch control voltage modulation signals betwen modular synths and outboard effects.

You can check it out on our website here -> www.boredbrainmusic.com

-Adam