Hello, guys

I really need your help, I've a Cort Guitar CR250 Model it's a les paul shape with tune-o-matic bridge

I've been playing with it decently with a decent vibrato and sustain for abt 5 months or so but I'm having a big problem now on one fret only, the 15th fret on the high pitched E string (the thinnest) When i do vibrato or even whole step bend it, it stops vibrating

It's a weird problem because this happens only on the 15th fret and possibly it affects the frets after it in sustaining bends and vibrating. like the 20th fret.
anyone suggests help?
There could be a couple of different causes. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "stops vibrating" when you bend the 15th fret; does the note just die and stop producing sound?

Without a ton to go on, I would suppose a dead fret might be the cause. It might also be something as silly as the string has slipped out of the saddle or nut or something like that. It would be helpful if you could post a picture of the fret (of good quality preferably), and especially if you could post an audio or video sample of the issue.
Or it could also be getting choked off by a high fret farther down.
you may have worn the fret more in that spot causing it to fret out.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
@stupidgenius11

Yeah I mean that the note dies completely like if the band all stops playing at the same time it stops vibrating and producing the sounds of the whole tone bend..

@Hydra26 I've saw some people with LES PAULs who have a very low action without certian problems happening

@trashedlostfdup

It only happens on one string, not on the whole fret.. if the fret was badly sticked then it would happen in the rest
im going to suggest a dint in a fret somewhere.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Simplest solution is to take it to a tech and have them fix the issue.

Based on what we have to go by, the most likely culprit is either your 15th fret has a ding/dent in its near the tremolo (high) side, or that one of your frets from 16-2x is raised. If that's the case, you'll likely need to replace the fret, and odds are very strong that you want a tech doing that; it's not necessarily something you can YouTube and do in a weekend.

Personally, I would raise the action a bit, test it, and raise it further until either the issue is corrected or I can be certain it has nothing to do with the action. That is something you can YouTube and do with confidence.

It's tough to really say anything conclusively with just your description to go off of, at least with my knowledge base. There are far more learned posters here who might be able to give you better/more accurate advice if you stick it out a few days.
^Thanks alot for the decent advice but you know, it's a $300 cort guitar, costing is a shame on it i say it with self-reliance. But on the other hand, I wonder why that happened, I bought in May and this issue started to appear in about.. 2 months from now or so.. I didn't notice it because it didn't appear since..
The problem could be environmental (temperature, humidity, other normal variables), structural (bad setup, poor construction or defect, characteristic of that specific piece of wood), or both. It's kind of hard to tell, as StupidGenius says. We're guessing based on our own imagination and experience, but when it could be an issue of thousandths of an inch of adjustment, it's pretty hard to be sure remotely based on the description.
Quote by see_knight
@stupidgenius11

Yeah I mean that the note dies completely like if the band all stops playing at the same time it stops vibrating and producing the sounds of the whole tone bend..

@Hydra26 I've saw some people with LES PAULs who have a very low action without certian problems happening

But you don't have a Les Paul. You have a copy that costs 10 times less. I don't say that to be insulting, but what I mean is although many of the specifications look similar on paper, you don't know that they were actually built the same way out of the same materials. It may not react the same way to environmental (temperature, humidity) or structural (setup, string tension) stresses. Are you confident you have set up the relief, action, and intonation to the same level as these les pauls you're referring to? It's not that hard once you've practiced a bit, but if you're completely inexperienced with it, you will likely overlook some part of the adjustments that can make playability worse because you failed to make the other adjustment. For example, if you simply raise and lower action at the bridge, that's fine. You've made playing cold notes easier by bringing the strings closer to the frets, but if your relief is way out of adjustment, you haven't made it any easier to go to the next note on the string and by lowering the action too much under those circumstances, you may just bring to light what you perceive to be a new fret buzz problem.

Quote by see_knight
@trashedlostfdup

It only happens on one string, not on the whole fret.. if the fret was badly sticked then it would happen in the rest

Possibly, but not necessarily so. If the fret was improperly pressed or sprung out, it wouldn't necessarily be off by the same amount all the way across.

If you're suddenly losing a sustained note, something is either choking it off, or causing it to decay sharply. My suspicion is you have something choking it off. Like if you bend the note, it may be hitting the next fret up the neck and having it's natural vibration muffled because it doesn't have enough clearance. If it's an adjustment to relief that's necessary, you may be able to do it yourself, but the fact is if a fret needs to be ground down and recrowned, well if you had the skill to do that without mucking up the guitar you probably wouldn't need to ask us what's causing it. That's why you're being directed to seek a professional for assistance.

Lastly, you do bring up a very good point. At some point, you have to look at the work and ask "is it worth it on this guitar?" That's a question only you can answer. If it's not, then you either live with it, learn how to fix it or get a different instrument. Hang out with people who play and set up their own guitars. If you have a teacher, ask them lots of questions. You'll learn more of the hands on stuff quicker that way.