Hi, I know sounds crazy but here is my problem:

I recently buy a Orange Micro Terror head but don't have a Tab, so came to me the idea of connect the head directly to the speaker of my Spider IV. the idea is desconnect the head of the amplifier and put in the Micro Terror using a cable like this
(Invalid img)

Is this possible and secure?
As long as your imps are matching, yeah it will work. Use the 1/4 male from the MT and connect the spade ends to the speaker. Make sure you disconnect the Spider's Amp connectors.

Do you know how to match imps? The MT has a 4 ohm minimum. Ideally, the Spider's speaker will be a 4 ohm speaker. If not, an 8 ohm+ speaker will work but it is not ideal.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 26, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane
Ideally, the Spider's speaker will be a 4 ohm speaker.
They don't make any 2ohm guitar speaker really.

To be sure TS, simply take a multimeter, set it to resistance, and check the resistance between the two terminals of the speaker.
Average speaker impedance will be the closest power of 2 (so 2, 4, 8, 16...)
Quote by Will Lane
If not, an 8 ohm+ speaker will work but it is not ideal.
It's not like it's not ideal TS, you'd just loose power.

Just about half of your power for every impedance doubling from 4.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Not the closest, necessarily. Resistance is always less than impedance so it's the closest rounding UP.

And anyway, the Micro Terror has a SS power amp so it's just gotta be 4 or over. Therefore it's gonna work just fine. No need to measure shit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 26, 2015,
The MT is 4ohms minimun and the Spider have a Celestion speaker of 4 ohms, or at least that say in the label. I finally arrive home and I have to make the adapter with a jack, 1m of cable and the conectors to the speaker. Works fine, thanks all of you for your help