Sounds really good for somebody who has only been playing for two weeks. I mean, it was rhythmically accurate and sounded clean. Not something I would expect from somebody who has been playing for just 2 weeks. Have you played any other instruments?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Sounds really good for somebody who has only been playing for two weeks. I mean, it was rhythmically accurate and sounded clean. Not something I would expect from somebody who has been playing for just 2 weeks. Have you played any other instruments?

Thanks,though I'll admit it's not my first time touching the guitar,I bought an electric guitar 5 years ago off of my step brother who didn't have the motivation to learning the instrument (it's this "crappy" cheap Morgan beginner guitar for like 80 Euro). I started playing the "beginner" way by heading straight for youtube,looking up all my favourite bands and learning like 1 riff out of one song haha. Never bothering to touch the rest of it. It went on like that for maybe a month,then I quit.

But now I'm serious about it,I want to learn the theory behind it all,how everything connects to create the bigger picture. It's really interesting stuff!

So I picked up this "classical" guitar with nylon strings (love that sound) and strolled through youtube to find the most informative and detailed youtube teacher (I'm amazed of how many "full-of-themselves"-guitar-"teachers" there are on YT).

Learned myself the chords in the Cmaj scale,learned what arpeggios were and the c major scale (open and that second? position). Fooled around with it a bit and I found this chord progression I liked.

So yeah,got a quite few family members who's "musical" (sings,plays instruments),I don't know if I've inherited anything though. But what I DO have is a burning passion for music,I've ALWAYS loved music in every form (except for country and modern pop xD). There's not a day that goes by without hours upon hours of listening. Maybe that helps? xD

Oh and over the 2 weeks before I made that melody there were several days,particularly the weekends where I fooled around on the guitar 6+ hours straight and was browsing through improvs and theory on YT. So over the 2 weeks I did in fact play a lot.

Oh,and that melody wasn't created in 5 minutes lol. Did take a few tries before I nailed down (somewhat) the rythm.
Good job- i liked it. Not sure if youre into recording, or just writing new stuff. But usually the two go hand in hand. You end up developing new ideas and layers as your recording takes shape. If you enjoy getting your ideas recorded and listening to them, i would recommend getting a moderately cheap usb interface (scarlett 2i2) and a popular mic (ie sm57), and download a trial daw (ie Reaper). Record the rhythm guitar twice and pan it out 100% left and right. Record the lead dead center, or harmonize the lead with two guitars panned to taste left and right. Some of this stuff may be a little advanced for you (maybe not), but you will be surprised at how much life it breathes into your rhythm and melody, and may inspire you to write more parts. Good luck
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69