I'll start off right away with saying I don't know much about the specifics of this, so forgive my ignorance.

Now Bugera is the king of cloning amps, and the majority of their lineup is Peavey plus a couple JCMs and a Vox. Amps that are not particularly expensive to begin with. Most of these amps they are cloning are easily attainable within $1,000 which sadly isn't a whole lot for a brand new tube amp. So, why wouldn't they just go all out with it, Diesel, Soldano, Engl etc. all have amps in the four thousand dollar range. I understand that these companies probably use top of the line build quality and lots of R&D go into designing these amps, but once it's built, what's the difference? Does a SLO circuit cost that much more to copy than a JCM800 circuit? Bugera can still build the SLO to their own Sh***y standards with the same materials.

I just feel like I have to be missing something here, it just doesn't make any sense. If I was Bugera I'd be going after the top of the line stuff and selling it for 1/4 the price.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
They are going for bulk sales. Very few people are looking for those top end amps. They go for a share of the biggest market.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
They are going for bulk sales. Very few people are looking for those top end amps. They go for a share of the biggest market.

And because the amp is more expensive does not mean that is sounds better.
Coming soon, the Bugera Sherbert! And the Bugera SOL!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Well the Bugera 6260 is a Peavey 5150/6505 clone which is a SLO clone, but the transformers in the SLO are made specifically for Soldano and no one else can get them. And the Tranny's are a very important part of the sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by tas38
Does a SLO circuit cost that much more to copy than a JCM800 circuit? Bugera can still build the SLO to their own Sh***y standards with the same materials.
The materials for an SLO cost a bit more than the materials for a JCM800, but the main reason is what cath explained - you want to appeal the people who aren't looking for top notch, uncommon stuff.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well the Bugera 6260 is a Peavey 5150/6505 clone which is a SLO clone
6505's have a quite similar pre but the power section is another thing, even if you leave the trannies out of the equation.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2

6505's have a quite similar pre but the power section is another thing, even if you leave the trannies out of the equation.

I was just saying there kinda is a SLO amp they do.

But I don't fully agree about the reason to not make them and the market, but it does make a valid argument.

But not to Bugera bash, how many people have actually been in a store and saw new Bugera amps for sale? only store I have seen them at in the last 3 yrs is Sam Ash and Guitar Center, no small stores carry them after the first wave of bad amps. It seems they only sell online these days
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Agree with above. Most players have never played an Egl, Diesel or Soldano (I never have). Many have never even heard of them so it's all about marketing and what is considered generally popular.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
I am actually quite stunned that they are not making JCM800 clone. I mean they do have JCM900 DR and Plexi clones already, making a JCM800 version is only few changes away. Considering JCM800 is such a famous amp it would sell like hot cakes to poor guitarists. If they have to make some changes to original to avoid lawsuits add a PPIMV and Infinium system and they would be set.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Feb 27, 2015,
Quote by Cathbard

+1

Quote by lucky1978
Coming soon, the Bugera Sherbert! And the Bugera SOL!

hahahahahahahahahaha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Rickholly74
Agree with above. Most players have never played an Egl, Diesel or Soldano (I never have). Many have never even heard of them so it's all about marketing and what is considered generally popular.

this and what Cathbard said. bugera just goes for mass appeal. if any of those amps mentioned get huge i'm sure there will be a copy asap. if you look at Bugera and Behringer's business model you'll see that they thrive on making affordable copies of gear that appeals to begiinners. to the average 16 year old kid that has been playing for a couple of years $1000 is still a lot of $. bugera says hey you can get an amp that's just like ------ for half of that. oh and doesn't Jet city have the market cornered on soldano on a budget already?