Hey UG community. So i spent a lot of time so far working on theory and some more technical stuff like vibrato and bending and scale work etc,. but some of the first songs i started to work on was Under the Bridge and Snow hey oh. Now im getting to the point where i would like to start playing with others (Ive been playing about 2 and 1/2 years now) and I played with a singer today and we worked on these two songs a little bit, and I realized like im still pretty far from like being able to play these songs full thru at 100% and in time. and i really havent even worked on more than snippits of 30 seconds or so from other songs

Do you guys think that is normal to have played so long and not have mastered these songs now? im at maybe like 95 bpm on snow hey oh, struggling for the last bit of speed. and i have some trouble sensing when to switch to the bridges and choruses and the measures feel kind of funny like im improving their length.... I watched a youtube video of some like 13 year old play Under the Bridge and now im questioning guitar lol. Im just like if i cant play it perfect by 25, and this kid has it at 13, will i ever been good enough? Im having mental images of throwing my guitar out a window.... lol
Quote by guitarjohn99
Hey UG community. So i spent a lot of time so far working on theory and some more technical stuff like vibrato and bending and scale work etc,. but some of the first songs i started to work on was Under the Bridge and Snow hey oh. Now im getting to the point where i would like to start playing with others (Ive been playing about 2 and 1/2 years now) and I played with a singer today and we worked on these two songs a little bit, and I realized like im still pretty far from like being able to play these songs full thru at 100% and in time. and i really havent even worked on more than snippits of 30 seconds or so from other songs

Do you guys think that is normal to have played so long and not have mastered these songs now? im at maybe like 95 bpm on snow hey oh, struggling for the last bit of speed. and i have some trouble sensing when to switch to the bridges and choruses and the measures feel kind of funny like im improving their length.... I watched a youtube video of some like 13 year old play Under the Bridge and now im questioning guitar lol. Im just like if i cant play it perfect by 25, and this kid has it at 13, will i ever been good enough? Im having mental images of throwing my guitar out a window.... lol
In the long run 2, 3 years is hardly anything. Keep practicing and I'm sure you'll get there There's heaps of stuff I can't play that I feel like I should be able to, and I've been playing for 8 years now.

Word of advice, don't compare yourself to others. Especially really young kids who are super good It gets me down too when I see stuff like that, you're prob best off avoiding it if that's how you think. I know this sounds cheesy but seriously, just be the best YOU can
Quote by guitarjohn99
I watched a youtube video of some like 13 year old play Under the Bridge and now im questioning guitar lol. Im just like if i cant play it perfect by 25, and this kid has it at 13, will i ever been good enough? Im having mental images of throwing my guitar out a window.... lol
i used to do that but then i stopped being stupid

caring about such silly things takes away time that could be better spent on improving your own skills. there will always be 13 year olds who are 10 times better than you
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by guitarjohn99
I watched a youtube video of some like 13 year old play Under the Bridge and now im questioning guitar lol. Im just like if i cant play it perfect by 25, and this kid has it at 13, will i ever been good enough? Im having mental images of throwing my guitar out a window.... lol

Unless both of you have been playing since the age of 12, I don't see why that would be a concern.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.