I went through their album artwork for Women And Children Die First. There was a paragraph explaining how hardcore is rapidly dying and how bands these days just follow the trends. That's not what hardcore is about according to them. It's about the message. Anyone have any idea as to what that message is? I kinda wrote my own paragraph on what I think it is.

"Hardcore is a community of people who are willing to share their views and ideas of society. These people express their views through music with political, social, and personal lyrics. It's not all about trying to have a certain sound but rather delivering the message of these views."
I checked out that album you mentioned, Women And Children Die First, and it's got some cool riffs here and there. Most of the metal riffs and Converge-esque riffing were pretty good, but a lot of it was sandwiched between chugging beatdown sections that didn't have the heavy, thunderous affect of a lot of bands and the use of those dissonant dyads became ridiculous.

Kind of find it funny that the band has a very streamlined and trendy sound while talking about how other bands just follow trends. Usually when a band makes it a point to tell you that then that means they are full of shit.
Their sound captured me with their change to melodic singing and riffing in a few songs. That's what I like personally. Melodic hardcore or hardcore bands that have good melodies. There's a certain tone I look for. My examples are bands like Taken, This Day Forward, (Transient Effects...) Skycamefalling, Shai Hulud (first two releases), Converge (EVERY SINGLE ALBUM. FIRST TO LAST), Hopesfall, Poison The Well (Distance Makes The Heart...), In Pieces (first EP and LP)
Listened to about half of the album. I liked some of the chaotic Converge style sections and the catchy chorus lines. The catchier the songs get they start to sound more like nu-metalcore stuff though. The constant chugging doesn't help either.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by Kytokinesis
Listened to about half of the album. I liked some of the chaotic Converge style sections and the catchy chorus lines. The catchier the songs get they start to sound more like nu-metalcore stuff though. The constant chugging doesn't help either.

Really, they should just drop the chugging and focus on the catchy-factor and the Converge sections and become an american Kamomekamome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJVCO_tubY
I own all their albums. Personally I feel the best album is "She Looks So Good In Red."

Big Jim's Mistake
Feathers In Heaven

Brutal songs. Then off of "Women and Children Die First"

From My Cold Dead Hands
Incisions

"Paving The Way To Hell One Stone at a Time" is a good, quick, aggressive one off of "Suffocates My Words to You."

Some of the songs on "Suffocates My Words to You" were redone on "She Looks So Good In Red."

I kinda feel like Remembering Never is a good snapshot of early 2000's Metallic Hardcore/Metalcore and how it was suppose to be done. Just lots of raw a brutal energy. Never really liked the lead singer though. I mean the vocals were alright but the dude comes off as a dick in his interviews. Lyrical content is mediocre. I just like the music.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Kind of find it funny that the band has a very streamlined and trendy sound while talking about how other bands just follow trends. Usually when a band makes it a point to tell you that then that means they are full of shit.

Might sound trendy and streamlined compared to what is out there now, but these guys haven't had any REAL releases in almost 12 years. I don't really count "God Save Us" as one of their better works....
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

I like that they're from Florida too. I've always been fond of hardcore bands from Florida. Underoath being my only exception
Gangsta Rap and Peppermint schnapps is a good song. so is The Grenade in Mouth Tragedy. But these guys never really caught my interest. Their breakdowns are lame, they are too christian and straight edge for me, and they have a little of a "hatebreedish" sound that generally turns me off
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by rtfk101
Gangsta Rap and Peppermint schnapps is a good song. so is The Grenade in Mouth Tragedy. But these guys never really caught my interest. Their breakdowns are lame, they are too christian and straight edge for me, and they have a little of a "hatebreedish" sound that generally turns me off

Christian? Seriously? Have you seen the lyrics to any of the songs from "She Looks So Good in Red"?

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again