1. What music do you play
2. What kind of sounds are you going for
3. What's your preference: (thin/thick necks, single coil/humbucker, hardtail/tremolo)
3. Where are you located
4. What's your budget
5. Does it have to be new

Answer those and maybe we can steer you the right way.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Stuff I like playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF42_D1I-3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hLq8yEgdlk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OKkdAd38QI

I'm wanting both clean and crunchy sounds. I'm in the United States and no, it doesn't have to be new, I'm honestly hoping to get something used. My budget is around $350-500. I like thick necks, I don't listen to heavy music so I don't need a humbucker, and I don't need a tremolo.
As above a telecaster is a good choice. I would recommend a Gretsch Pro Jet Has humbuckers but they are filtron type so they have the single coil bite to them They really do great on jangly clean tones. Here is my review on it it is the second one.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/gretsch/g5434_electromatic_pro_jet/index.html
I was already thinking of a Telecaster. I played a Modern Player a few days ago and loved it, but I was wasn't sure if it was the best choice. What's the highest quality model of Telecaster I can get for 500 or less?
Take a look at the G&L tribute series. They get great reviews, and the imports have American made pickups. They look pretty nice to. That said, I recently bought a Squire Classic Vibe because of how blown away I was at the feel and playability of the particular guitar. I tried the tele model as well as the strat. I was completely enamoured by the strat, but wanted to see if the Tele had the same feel. It did. It was pretty nice. For under $400 new, these guitars are a great value.
Tele would work, but deff look at G&L. I have the ASAT deluxe carved top and it is a great guitar

But I would also look at the Epiphone Dot, because a semi-hollow would work great for that music. even a semi-hollow tele
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
Would you guys say the G&Ls are higher quality than a Blacktop or Modern Player?

Yeah by a lot. The one cool thing about G&L is the Tribute series uses the same hardware as the USA made versions and they have nice pickups stock.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
In terms of construction, pickups, tone, electrics, and durability. Thanks.

Sorry, but that's just a really airball kind of question, given the huge variety of guitars that live in that price space.

If you're into a Les Paul shape, let's say, with just six strings and with a standard scale, I'd suggest that the best on the market is the Agile AL-3200.

Basic construction is a neck-through guitar; it eliminates most of the issues with separation of the body and neck (and because the neck is a multipiece neck, it also eliminates most of the standard LP issues with headstock breakage). It has a shaved neck heel which allows for absolutely comfortable upper-fret access, and it has a contour along the back edge which allows a bit more comfort for your ribs, both sitting and standing. No Gibson has that combination of features and construction.

In addition, the fretboard is real ebony, the inlays are real mother of pearl, the guitar has jumbo frets, a slightly flatter 14" radius fretboard, a tusq nut (to help eliminate some of the out-of-tune issues that most LP type guitars have), an upgraded Graphtech bridge with stringsaver saddles, some very good AlnicoV pickups (there's also a P90 model), some very decent pots/wiring, good tuners.

Over the years, the quality has been excellent, with most users opening the box with "Wait, I paid HOW much for this guitar?" There are a wide variety of finishes available and three choices of neck profile (wide (1 3/4" nut width), standard and a "slim" version that's not as deep from the fretboard to the back of the neck). $499 brand new. Plus shipping, case. www.rondomusic.com
Prs se soapbar can be found for 300-400 used. I would second the g&l suggestion don't know there models well enough to tell you what's better or worse but I've liked the few I've tryed.

Also washburn custom shop is something to look out for absolute steal when you find them under $500. My e300 beats any les paul I've ever tryed.
New or used?

If new, some of the Epiphone stuff is pretty decent. The SG's kind of kick ass a bit for what you are spending.

Quote by APileOfDeadCops
Which G&L ASAT guitar would you reccomend? The Classic or the Bluesboy? Or another one

I have the ASAT deluxe carved top which has 2 humbuckers and coil taps. it also has a 12" radius fretboard which makes bending strings easy.

I paid $286 for a brand new guitar that needed a broken 3way fixed ($5 part and 30min of time) and it is a great guitar. MF considered it a level3 because it needed a small repair to work correctly. It still had the plastic on the pickups
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 2, 2015,
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
Which G&L ASAT guitar would you reccomend? The Classic or the Bluesboy? Or another one

the Bluesboy would cover more ground