Josh Homme does.

Hey, you did ask if "anyone" knew how...

Unfortunately that's all the help I can offer. My bad!

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
kinda soubds like an octave fuzz.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Lots of studio tricks. The guitar track has at leas 4+ layers
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A combination of all the things those other guys said, with a dose of downtuning and a bass amp.

(edit) Well, not the studio tricks thing. He gets the same tone live, so either he's cheating big time, or its actually just an FX combination. (2:13 of the video.)

http://youtu.be/6XFPcamEDjA?t=2m13s
Last edited by StupidGenius11 at Feb 27, 2015,
^ trust me his guitars are multi tracked. I have not heard any thing other than live recordings of almost any band that don't have multi tracked guitars. But when playing live there are a few FX pedals that can help fill out the sound like an octave pedal and there are more types also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
In studio, sure. Clearly though, multiple tracks aren't necessary to achieve the tone, unless he's using backing tracks live, which I doubt since it's probably not that hard to get with the right resources.
Quote by StupidGenius11
In studio, sure. Clearly though, multiple tracks aren't necessary to achieve the tone, unless he's using backing tracks live, which I doubt since it's probably not that hard to get with the right resources.

No, but I don't doubt he is using a 2+ amp rig either which can give the same effect as a multi tracked guitar.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
if you pay attention closely in the first vid he has a couple of pedals on the floor. he kicks one on for the part in ?. i'm thinking if you can find out what his rig consists of that the answer will be easy t figure out. an EH POG perhaps.
Quote by Robbgnarly
No, but I don't doubt he is using a 2+ amp rig either which can give the same effect as a multi tracked guitar.

Hmmm, not sure what to try then. Might play with a few fuzz Sims and an octaver and see what I can do. Thanks for the input.
Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander will do the job! Even Troy quotes that he uses this pedal in his PG Gear rundown.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Last edited by oz_bassist at Mar 2, 2015,
Quote by Robbgnarly

Troy has at least 4 amps running live and he says Josh has even more + bass amps.
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
That's the sound you get when you push a wah pedal halfway and leave it there, and turn on a distortion (or fuzz) pedal. Low gain on the distortion, pull back the treble.

I can't tell in the 1st vid which pickup he's using, probably the bridge, some sort of distortion or fuzz pedal, I don't see a wah pedal so he may have a pedal that does the same but holds it in one spot. I've seen one described, can't remember what it's called. But that's the tone it gets, and you can set it anywhere the wah would normally go, but it will always stay there.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
you need an amp that will go to 11
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae