I want a tone similar to blue cheer on their song out of focus.
I know they used a shit ton of marshalls and an sg. I wabt to know what pedals I should get, and amp settings. I have a strat with a hum in the bridge and a fender fm212f.
a fuzz should help you out with that. not sure which one to go with though. a silicon fuzz face may be teh ticket though. that tone does rely on volume though and may be tough to replicate.

on a side note i got a chance t meet and hang out with dickie peterson back in the mid 80s. Blue Cheer reunited (well dickie and drummer, original guitar player is dead) and put out The Beast Is Back album. they played a local club where my friend was the dj. dickie was a little spaced but a really nice guy. we went to see aerosmith the next day. lotta fun
Sounds like a maxed out Marshall, a good overdrive pedal should get you there...Summertime Blues sounds like a fuzz, given the time it was recorded very few existed, so most likely either Fuzz Face or Big Muff. Out of Focus sounds more like just the amp cranked to 11. Some of the leads sound like fuzz was used, the basic guitar part sounds more like just the amp.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
Sounds like a maxed out Marshall, a good overdrive pedal should get you there...Summertime Blues sounds like a fuzz, given the time it was recorded very few existed, so most likely either Fuzz Face or Big Muff. Out of Focus sounds more like just the amp cranked to 11. Some of the leads sound like fuzz was used, the basic guitar part sounds more like just the amp.

to early for a big muff. and yeah the rhythm parts do sound like an amp on 11. actualy by 1968 there were several fuzzes out.
You may be right, the first Big Muff was released in early 1969.

http://www.kitrae.net/music/big_muff_history.html

Here's a timeline of everything that was available. Interesting read...

http://www.kitrae.net/music/Fuzz_Big_Muff_Timeline.html

So these guys could have been using any of a bunch of pedals, more than I remembered, my guess would be fuzz face. I remember seeing ads for many of these in magazines like Hit Parader...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...