Hi,
I have a white explorer guitar with two pots and a toggle switch. And I am thinking on changing the pickups to two EMG HZ H4. But I had this strange idea of having only a master volume and a tone for the neck pickup. But for this I think I kinda need to put the tone pot before the battery bus (all emg solderless components), and after a master volume that connects to the output jack. Is this possible? How? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you.
http://www.vikiwi.com/wp-content/uploads/evor-explorer-kit.jpg

So, that's how it's normally wired.

You would essentially have to wire your neck pickup directly to the tone pot, then instead of the tone pot to the volume pot, you'd wire the tone pot to the 3-way selector where the neck pickup would normally go. So it'd look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/DZc3pqO.jpg

But the real question is this; why?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Thank you for the fast answer. That diagram is what i have been thinking of. The problem is that i'm not sure that placing the tone before the volume will change the sound.

The main objective of this is to have two different equalisations without changing them in the amp. I actually don't use the tone knob when using the bridge pickup but when i play with the neck pup, mainly for leads i like to have set it to half. When playing live this a problem as i need to turn the tone pot very fast in the middle of a music. By this configuration it's like having two tone pots (One for the bridge that is always set up to 10, like in a stratocaster, and other for the neck that i can use normally).
Last edited by miguelroldao9 at Feb 28, 2015,
Quote by miguelroldao9
Thank you for the fast answer. That diagram is what i have been thinking of. The problem is that i'm not sure that placing the tone before the volume will change the sound.

The main objective of this is to have two different equalisations without changing them in the amp. I actually don't use the tone knob when using the bridge pickup but when i play with the neck pup, mainly for leads i like to have set it to half. When playing live this a problem as i need to turn the tone pot very fast in the middle of a music. By this configuration it's like having two tone pots (One for the bridge that is always set up to 10, like in a stratocaster, and other for the neck that i can use normally).

if you don't use the one for the bridge then you don't have to have it hooked up. seems easier to just disconect the bridge pup from the tone pot .
The problem is that the tone pot isn't directly wired to both pickups, it catches both through the volume pot, at least in most 2H 1V 1T 3Way kinda setups. So he'd needs to wire the tone pot direct to the neck humbucker and THEN to the 3 way to the volume.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER