Hey guys, long time no been here...

I wrote a new song and I need some critiques. There are some vocals for this but I don't know them yet.

I think part A is a bit lackluster but I'm not sure. Part B and intro I think are good. Breakdown I'm not sure either is it too generic? Does the piece as a whole flow well?

Thank you all for your help
Attachments:
bringitB4.gp5
Nevermind I'm an idiot!
And everything that once was
infinitely far
and unsayable is now
unsayable
and right here in the room.

- Franz Wright
Last edited by NougatOfficial at Feb 28, 2015,
Quote by NougatOfficial
You may want to move this to the Original Recording section of the forums.

? Its a tab, this is the correct place for tabs.

As for the song, not my cup of tea, but I suppose the easiest criticism to make is that there's way too much lead guitar dub. I know there's a bit of variation here and there but it just kind of blends together, that and the song never really gains any momentum. The breakdown feels unnecessary as it doesn't make way for the song to progress. Flows alright, but that's only cuz the riffs and patterns don't vary at all.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
? Its a tab, this is the correct place for tabs.

As for the song, not my cup of tea, but I suppose the easiest criticism to make is that there's way too much lead guitar dub. I know there's a bit of variation here and there but it just kind of blends together, that and the song never really gains any momentum. The breakdown feels unnecessary as it doesn't make way for the song to progress. Flows alright, but that's only cuz the riffs and patterns don't vary at all.

Ok, now I'm sad, I thought I was onto something here. But thanks for your honest opinion! Back to the drawing board
It's not my cup of tea, but I know many folk who'd love it.

I think the writing's good, but it's quite same-y throughout. It's definitely lacking in some dynamics in terms of sonority and time. Perhaps a break from the lead guitar? Some different themes? More staccato playing? Less chordy-rhythmic patterns?