Okay, I have tackled this problem for several months, and I really had no solution.
When I plug my BOSS GT-10 into my PC via USB 2.0, there is this latency, enough to worsen my performance when I play along.

Unfortunately, I live in an apartment and I cannot use the amps. I do not own an Audio Interface, but BOSS GT-10 is known for having an audio interface mode.

So I went over the internet, tried ASIO4ALL with REAPER as DAW, and almost everything that is on google (the performance thing, drivers, etc), but nothing worked. Literally nothing worked even a slightest bit.

I have a decent computer.
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i7-3770K
8 GB RAM
256 GB SDD (solid state drive)

Does anyone have a same problem?

By the way, there is a way to play without latency though: using the microphone line instead. However, I have noticed quality issues between using microphone lines into my PC and USB connection (USB connection sounded better).
Microphone line means nothing, it's either mic input or line input.

What's the size of the audio i/o buffer?
Lowering it will reduce latency with no negative side effects if your computer's powerful enough.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Microphone line means nothing, it's either mic input or line input.

What's the size of the audio i/o buffer?
Lowering it will reduce latency with no negative side effects if your computer's powerful enough.

Doesnt the interface / the device drivers play into it? Its not solely up to the computer specs I thought?
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by Watterboy
Doesnt the interface / the device drivers play into it? Its not solely up to the computer specs I thought?
The drivers definitely matter, but there's no specific driver for the GT-10 so TS will have to stick to ASIO4ALL.

If the OS and drivers and interfaces are the same, then processing power's what matters.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Headphones in the GT-10?
I think you'd have to bypass audio input monitor in your DAW, the Boss has built in sounds and iurs drivers work fine on Windows 7, I have the unit. Don't use asio4all, use the Boss drivers, assigbn the Boss unit as output.
Thanks guys, and sorry for the late reply as I am a pretty busy man.

I'll try out the things people have mentioned and see how that goes.
This is total BS:
Quote by Spambot_2
The drivers definitely matter, but there's no specific driver for the GT-10 so TS will have to stick to ASIO4ALL.

If the OS and drivers and interfaces are the same, then processing power's what matters.

There is a specific ASIO driver for the GT-10 both for Mac and Windows, it is on Roland's site and it comes on a CD with a purchase of GT-10 (I have it). Latency could be controlled from the GT-10 driver. Putting in ASIO4ALL in this case is a bad move.

http://www.bossus.com/support/by_product/gt-10/updates_drivers/
Last edited by diabolical at Mar 9, 2015,
^ sorry, my bad, didn't look hard enough.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I get loads of latency when recording even when Ableton says I have 0 latency. But once something is recorded, you can just manually move the start point to where it's supposed to be and it's fine.
I have nothing important to say
Well with the GT-10 you should not get latency as you're monitoring via headphones and it is mixing the effected guitar signal at the input with the playback from the DAW, so in essence what you're hearing on your guitar is what is getting recorded. Only reason for latency would be if you have "record input monitor" or similar enabled in the DAW, usually the button on a track that is right next to the record engage button on that channel.