Pretty recent heavy metal band that just released their second album, Vessel, and damn it's fine. A lot of different influences of metal all over this album and they all flow together seamlessly. Got a bit of power metal in the leads and vocals juxtaposed to some modern melodic black metal riffing and structure here and there. Real good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=752Slp9p0io
That's some damn fine stuff, the acoustic parts remind me of a slightly more cheery Nevermore. Actually just started listening to another track, definitely get some 90's Nevermore vibes but it's like Grunge never happened. Thanks Morph.
Wow this stuff keeps you on your toes. I am most definitely checking this album out more thoroughly. I like how the sound has a variety of aspects to enjoy, despite never straying from being "just" Metal. Top notch stuff from this first listen. Riffy as all hell. Teeters on the edge somewhere between songwriting and composition.

Fantastic.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Fukk it. Ordered this shit on wax. Thank you, Morpho.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Best new heavy metal album I've heard since Portrait's last year. Definitely buying this pronto. This is one hell of a find Morph you beautiful bastard.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Aye, I grabbed The Primordial Temple the other day. Fantastic stuff, like you said it's a little more straightforward. But the foundation for their sound on Vessel is definitely there.

Been listening to Vessel on nonstop repeat (only breaking for A Merging to the Boundless because fukk what a record!) since it got here. This record has the high class, moves, and contemplative mood of Fates Warning - The Spectre Within. White collars and Shakespeare skull staring at its finest.

Take my pale hand and waltz with me
A beauty in frenzy and ecstasy
Solemnly, a journey on the wildest of tides
At the end, were you able to capture your life?

The riffs are as sophisticated as this prose, gents. fukkng put on your Phantom of the Opera Crimson Glory mask and brood in your study.

The wax itself came in fantastic packaging as well, nice bonus,
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
These guys got some USPM in their Swedish meat balls
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I plan on ordering Vessel very soon. It's a piece of music that I just cannot let escape my mildly impressive CD collection.

Just ordered this shit on Compact Disc if you know what I mean. Yea it may not be vinyl but killer riffs are killer riffs are killer riffs.

After listening to this album again, I think it's definitely my favourite of 2015 so far. That's meaningless, but it's catchy like AIDs. The ballsiest riffing of this year as of yet!
Further beyond, for thirst bounds the flesh to life

Sophistication!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Listen to this guy followed by The Spectre Within afterward. One classy ass riff filled seance. Read a fucking book.

Meanwhile their classy ass cousin, Crimson Glory S/T, is also serving up a big 'ol heap of sophisticated sauce but doing things straight. Bringing to the table the same sophistication on gilded silver plates with similar waltzing movements but a tendency to ignore exposition and forego outright any Shakespearean meandering. I cannot at the moment conjure up another class act who does the same, white collars straight to the throat.

Regardless I don't have a preference one way or the other when it comes to killer stuff like this. Cannot recommend it enough.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at May 1, 2015,
It has a nice transition from Ecstasy Waltz to Through Bewilderment, hinting at the notion that this may be considered a whole piece rather than just a collection of (killer) tracks. Or I like to see it as a transition from say, Act I to Act II. Something along those lines. Regardless, it has the kind of continuity throughout that I appreciate in an album.

However I wouldn't suggest listening to this and The Spectre Within back-to-back. There is a danger of henceforth speaking only in the olde english tongue and wearing frilly shirts places. (too late for me)

Donned my frilly white shirt hard as fuck today.

The more you listen to this slab of music, the more you notice the mud and blood stains on your frilly white shirt. Praise this shit hard gents.

Further beyond, for thirst of death bounds the putrid flesh
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
A mighty slab indeed! Their balls had more of an influence on their music than their brain did. Lead melodies are in tune to the underlying riffs to the point of not being able to separate the two. A+ solos no less, while on the topic.

But I really have to praise the singer's control, it's perfectly nuanced, sounding very full. I definitely see The Spectre Within follow up. Their voices suit each other so well.
Giving them a fairer chance now that the initial listen is out of the way. Really cold sounding melodies. Vocals are so pleasant to hear though.

Hopefully this sets off some sort of heavy metal listening around here.
Vessel and Stargazer - A Merging to the Boundless did not leave my record player for weeks at a time during 2015. Vessel has not lost any of its touch with time. A perfectly enjoyable listen with no song dropping the ball at any given time.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Vessel is one of the top modern heavy/power metal albums. Composition-wise it's sophisticated and unique and pretty much stands above the rest in that regard. Even above bands like Portrait probably.

They're back, trippy artwork and everything.

I guess signing to a major metal label has required them to release something shorter. However, his vocals have improved, I hope we still get a couple of epics.
You will have to be patient for about five more weeks then (release is 7th of April). I read just after I posted the above post that it is the more straight-forward and aggressive side of this album. So looks like we might have a few epics. Track listing:

1. Motherless
2. In Empyrean Labour
3. Cold Comes The Night
4. Juxtaposed
5. Aligerous Architect
6. Birth
7. Embodiment
8. Rebirth

I'm going to go back and listen to Vessel now.
Another impressive track. I tried but I suck at counting time, gimme the breakdown Hayden.

Actually I don't know what I was thinking, it's mostly just alternating different groupings in 4/4. For example, first few bars are (3 + 3 + 2) for each 4/4 bar. Then it's grouped into two sets of 4/4 bars with (3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2) and then cycles through that again. It's the same riff in the verse. It's a really clever way of giving the illusion of odd time signatures (it worked in my sleep deprived state above obviously).

I like this one a lot more, it has more of the odd structures that they're known for, still waiting for that big mega epic though.
Yea i honestly thought most of it was in 4/4. I thought maybe the second half of the solo sounded like 7/8 and the part immediately after the solo sounded the weirdest but i wasnt sure what time it was in

Quote by HaydenHohns
I guess signing to a major metal label has required them to release something shorter. However, his vocals have improved, I hope we still get a couple of epics.

Just grabbed it. They interestingly put all the longer songs on the second half of the album and all the ~4 minute songs on the first half. It's got a 9 minute track and a 7 minute track, so they haven't completely sold out yet I guess

Listening to Embodiment now. The transitions are more seamless than on Vessel, but I feel like some of the intensity is lost when the riffs are replaced with more chordal like parts.
Vessel had kind of a mellow tone, but this album is even mellower. There is more of an abundance of chordal sections and quieter songs. There's still plenty of riffs and interesting stuff going on though. It seems like they know exactly what they're doing. 

I think Birth/Embodiment/Rebirth are supposed to be connected tracks. Birth doesn't have an ending, it ends mid-riff and Embodiment picks right up where it leaves off. So I think Birth is like an intro to Embodiment, because the way they are arranged, neither make much sense when listened to separately. There is also an ambient noise that runs from the outro of Embodiment and through the intro of Rebirth. It would make sense because birth/rebirth obviously have some conceptual connection.

Kytokinesis Definitely, and I'm not doubting that they aren't well on their way to greatness, as they are already very good composers (I already have Vessel as evidence prior to this album). I skipped straight to the nine minute one when you said that though (post #29). I'm listening to all three now in a row and it's growing on me.
It's a bit disappointing that they put so many softer tracks on it. It demands an awful lot of patience from the listener to slog though the slower parts. It's kind of anticlimactic as well. I still think the compositions themselves are richer than most current bands in the genre though. Definitely rewards repeated listening. 

Motherless
Cold Comes the Night
Aligerous Architect
Embodiement

these tracks pretty much make up the meat of the album.

Now that I have the physical copy, I can confirm that Birth/Embodiment/Rebirth are parts of a larger track named Still the Stars Dismembers the Void.