Since Christmas I've been going about getting new gear. 1st, got myself 3 things: The gator tote pro, the mxr 10 band eq, and the joyo pxl pro looper. The joyo kills off all tap dancing, no popping when you make switching and it's easy to edit. I LOVE that it has one loop for your amp input and a separate for the fx loop.

Next is the Peavy Triple XXX 212. Got it for $275 (plus another $20 from tax) and it works exceptionally well, so it's my finest steal on a deal to date. It's a monster. The crunch channel does Iron Maiden with the gain at around 5, so really stupid amounts of gain on that channel. Ultra channel can do thrash without a boost, which is just what I needed. Clean channel is spectacular. The amp replaces my VK212, and it is light and day in regards to the improvement. The footswitch is a little finicky, so I'm still getting used to it. Still worth it since I love the one set of EQ per channel.

I'm using the MXR 10 band to reduce bass and some mids so I can play by myself; it does just the trick with the XXX, whereas the VK was too muddy to be helped by any amount of EQ's.

The organization of my rig is in my signature!
Attachments:
IMG_0773.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Mar 1, 2015,
NICE . lot of wires all over on that one pic thinking you might want t neaten that up some. yeah the footswitch's on those are a bit of a challenge. i have a similar one for my Ultra. always nice to get a new setup.
Quote by Will Lane
Goodness sakes, cables everywhere.

First time he plays a bar with no stage (with the band stuffed into a corner) he'll learn his lesson on that nest .

I have an FBV Shortboard where all that pedalboard stuff is. There's one (1) ethernet cable that runs from it to the backline, and that's it.
That's an old pic; the cables are neater And the last time I played a bar was with the same amount of pedals but minus the joyo, and I faired pretty well
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Feb 28, 2015,
HNGD and XXX's are killer budget amps
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
That's an old pic; the cables are neater And the last time I played a bar was with the same amount of pedals but minus the joyo, and I faired pretty well

I'm sure you play in a better class of bar than I do.
congrats! nice setup you have there!

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I agree with dspellman. You must play places that give you more room than the clubs I play in. The places I play at are the kind that feel your band can fit over in that corner where they were kind enough to move two tables so you and your entire band and PA can be set up.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
The places I play all coincidentally have stages, so yeah
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
The places I play all coincidentally have stages, so yeah

I know the feeling. Most places I play have a great PA and a decent stage. hey it makes me feel like I'm doing something right with my band
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
How does that Joyo switcher work for you? I've been thinking of getting one of them.
Quote by wireman75
How does that Joyo switcher work for you? I've been thinking of getting one of them.

Pretty well; like I said, easy to setup once you read the manual, very flawless switching. I like my model because it has designated loops for the input and fx loop. Couldn't pass up the $160 price tag, either.
Nice XXX. I still really like mine.

Yes, Iron Maiden on the crunch channel, but I would put the gain closer to 3-4.

Use a guitar with active pups and a TS9 and that crunch channel opens up to a whole new level of great metal sounds. No need for the ultra channel at all unless you use passive and weak pups.
Quote by Jeffh40
Nice XXX. I still really like mine.

Yes, Iron Maiden on the crunch channel, but I would put the gain closer to 3-4.

Use a guitar with active pups and a TS9 and that crunch channel opens up to a whole new level of great metal sounds. No need for the ultra channel at all unless you use passive and weak pups.

Yeah, the gain was closer to 4 come to think of it.
I can get a good 1984-1986 (Anthrax-madhouse, first Metallica album) thrash tone with the gain at 4 and no boost with my SH-6's on the ultra channel, though, so I'm really liking that as of now.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Pretty well; like I said, easy to setup once you read the manual, very flawless switching. I like my model because it has designated loops for the input and fx loop. Couldn't pass up the $160 price tag, either.

Have you had any problems using the wah with it. That was one of the main reasons i hadn't picked one up yet always heard buffered in's and out's don't play nice with wahs. You can't beat the price thou.