Last month

So.
February has been a tough month for ideas. Like, literally nothing.
Towards the end of the month, I decided I just needed to get something done for the Mixtest Project.
I was browsing YouTube in June last year and found Tobias Schuler's fantastic "Mind Over Matter" . It's a 9 minute multi-style multi-instrumental extravaganza and I've listened to it many, many times (and I bought it too (support artists, kids.)).

As the 28th was approaching, I came to the conclusion that I was just going to just theft an existing riff, but do it in a slightly different way. The one I stole was from 2:47 and is a really nice b-standard riff that I knew I could play. I decided also to do it with really fuzzy lo-fi guitar tones too, which I'm not normally a fan of. I went for a really mid-centric fuzz, so the high end loss is made up for with the clackiness of the bass.

The bass is essentially the same tone as last time, but with some little high end EQ tweaks.
Drums are, as always, EZDrummer 2 and like last time, are the 'Metal!' EZX expansion.

LINK TO TRACK

Interface: Line 6 UX1
Bass: SBMM SUB Ray5
Amp Sim: PODFarm 2.5 (Dual Ampeg SVT (one clean, one drive, EQ and comp before drive))
Guitar: Schecter Omen Extreme 7
Amp Sim: PODFarm 2.5 (Marshall Plexi cranked + fuzz +EQ)
DAW: Acoustica Mixcraft 7
Plugins: NI Supercharger, EasyQ, EZMix 2, Voxengo Spectrum Analyser, probably more.
Strings: Bass - Elixir Nanoweb SS 45-105 (added nickel .135 for B because they don't make one in SS)
Guitar - Ernie Ball Cobalt 10-66 (custom set)

Any more questions, feel free to ask and I'm happy to C4C
Last edited by CorrosionMedia at Feb 28, 2015,