Places that buy second hand gear want me to to say how much I want before they make an offer. The problem is that I want the maximum I can get but I have no idea how much this would be.

If anybody could give me a rough idea of what I should ask for, that would be great!

I want to sell my guitar, which is a Jackson DK2M. It was made in Japan and the serial number is 9829382. It has some minor signs of wear and tear, the most noticeable is shown in the picture.

The amp is a Valveking 212. The serial number is K0477759. Again, it has some minor signs of wear and tear that are difficult to pick up in a picture. The only damage that is noticeable is a small crack in the frame, which is included in one of the pictures. The amp was repaired two years ago by the same shop I want to sell it to. This included a new transformer and pair of 6L6 valves as well as a full service.

Very shortly after I got the amp serviced, I stopped using the equipment due to other commitments taking up my time. I have finally decided it is time to sell them on as I have briefly used them a couple of time over the last 2 years and only in the house.

Thanks for any help.
The best way to check what you can sell something for is to search for completed listings of similar items on ebay.

If you're trading it in to a pawn shop of some kind, you can probably expect half what you could get with a private sale.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'm aiming to sell to a music shop.

Ebay shows the items going for roughly £250-300 for the guitar and £200-250 for the amp. I expect to get less from a shop.

I'm still playing my acoustic and I'll get a smaller amp and another guitar in the future
Quote by Cremor

Ebay shows the items going for roughly £250-300 for the guitar and £200-250 for the amp. I expect to get less from a shop.

I'm still playing my acoustic and I'll get a smaller amp and another guitar in the future

Seen people attempting to sell valvekings for a hundred quid on some of the small Facebook pages without sales, so best of luck in selling it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Will Lane
USD: 250 for the amp, 150 for the guitar.

Sorry that you haven't had time to play :/

150 for the guitar?!? Do old Jackson PS series sell for like 50 USD? DK2M's sell around 250 to 350 euros here in Finland.

Quote by Cremor

If you're looking to play in the future, I'd just sell the amp if I were you.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Mar 1, 2015,
You will get 150ish for the amp and probably about 150ish for the guitar also.

Put them on gumtree and sell them that way, it may take a little longer but you will recoup more money if that is a priority. A music store will typically only give you 1/2 of the used value they can sell it at.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Sakke
150 for the guitar?!? Do old Jackson PS series sell for like 50 USD? DK2M's sell around 250 to 350 euros here in Finland.
I wasn't familiar with the series, was a guess considering the style of the guitar and origin.
Quote by Cremor
Places that buy second hand gear want me to to say how much I want before they make an offer. The problem is that I want the maximum I can get but I have no idea how much this would be.

If anybody could give me a rough idea of what I should ask for, that would be great!

I want to sell my guitar, which is a Jackson DK2M. It was made in Japan and the serial number is 9829382. It has some minor signs of wear and tear, the most noticeable is shown in the picture.

The amp is a Valveking 212. The serial number is K0477759. Again, it has some minor signs of wear and tear that are difficult to pick up in a picture. The only damage that is noticeable is a small crack in the frame, which is included in one of the pictures. The amp was repaired two years ago by the same shop I want to sell it to. This included a new transformer and pair of 6L6 valves as well as a full service.

Very shortly after I got the amp serviced, I stopped using the equipment due to other commitments taking up my time. I have finally decided it is time to sell them on as I have briefly used them a couple of time over the last 2 years and only in the house.

Thanks for any help.

asking you what you want is a bargaining tactic that you shouldn't fall for. if you give a number that is less than what they normally would pay they'll take the deal and you get screwed. if to much they'll make you a lowball counter offer and you go from there. honestly selling to a shop is the worst way to go. try selling directly to people and you'll get more money. usually for fast sale you have to go under the ebay selling price (adjusted for issues with your gear).
Thanks for the advice.

The shop offered me £350 for the both of them, though I did accidentally email twice and a second employee offered £190 for the amp and requested more pictures of the guitar.
Cash Converters offered £150-200 for the guitar and £100-150 for the amp.

I think I'm going to try to sell on gumtree or ebay. If that doesn't work out, I will try to get the £200 for the guitar and the £190 for the amp from the two separate places.

I appreciate all the responses