Now that I have a solid LP and a Martin, I don't use my old axes and I want to take the parts and make a cool guitar with it.

I have the following guitars, all in good condition.
-Squier Bullet Start
-Squier Mini Strat
-Epi SPII

The problem is that they all suck, so I can't really "take the best parts" from them. The mini's parts are most likely useless due to it's size, and I have a few other guitars that are in bad shape and not worth mentioning.

Any ideas?
Use them onstage for your `set finishing guitar smash up`song.

Or stick a decent set of pups in the special II. That`s worked for one of my students. Sounds pretty meant too.
Get a free copy of my eBook at Guitar Domination

If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can happen through music.
Jimi Hendrix
Take the bullet strat and put a little money into upgrading some of the parts like the tuners pickups and electronics. I wouldn't go crazy spending money, but for $100 you could turn it into a solid backup guitar. This site is one I use all the time, their pickups are surprisingly good and very cheap. www.guitarfetish.com

Sell the Mini and the Epi and you should be able to pay for the upgrade parts
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sell one of the guitars (Epiphone most likely) and buy a few fret files plus an accurate string height measuring tool. Learn to dress frets by practicing on the mini. Use tutorials off the internet if need be. Keep lowering the action. If you can play it cleanly then it's too high. Your goal should be to see how low you can get it, which will only be possible if the truss rod is set just right and the neck angle is perfect. If just one fret is buzzing then figure out which fret is high and fix it.

By the time you're done you'll have a mini strat that plays like butter and the tools and experience needed to repeat the process with your Bullet strat. Fix the Bullet until it's perfect and then change the electronics. Then it'll be your best guitar.
Sounds cool guys. My only concern is the bullet feels like it has a large neck radius - larger than any strat I've played. I'll have to do a real good setup and see if I can get it playing a little better before I put money into it. Hopefully it's just from a crap setup.

I really like the idea of using the mini as a practice dummy!

Just a quick neck Q: What makes the difference between a $100 strat's neck and a fender neck? Obviously a little bit of everything, but is there one thing that really stands out, such as the frets?

EDIT: Figured out what was off with the neck. The first few frets of the neck are raised more than the rest by a decent amount. I'll have to adjust the truss rod and see how it evens out.
Last edited by The Bacon Man at Mar 1, 2015,
Quote by superthatdude
you can always practice scalloping a neck with them

Maybe on one of my broken guitars just for fun lmao
get a dead-blow/fret hammer and gently tap the high frets down.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Or use a wooden dowel and a small hammer, tap lightly.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by The Bacon Man

I have the following guitars, all in good condition.
-Squier Bullet Start
-Squier Mini Strat
-Epi SPII

The problem is that they all suck,
Any ideas?