Poll: Should I rent out my spare room?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I rent out my spare room?
For sure, that extra money can pay for all the hookers and drugs your heart desires!
12 60%
No way holmes, privacy is important!
6 30%
I found it and I'm keeping it, you have no say in the matter!
2 10%
Voters: 20.
Hello my beautiful friends

So I own a flat and, for a long time, have been considering renting out the spare room to make myself some easy money.
Unfortunately, I am a bit of a socially inept introvert, and depending on the other person, I can find it difficult to be around other people.

I have shared flats in the past with mixed success, some people I got on with great, others not so much.

My question to you wonderful folks is; how do you find living with other people who are not family and what would you do in my situation?
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Last edited by tobysaurus at Mar 1, 2015,
Rent it out! Just make sure they've got a paying job and are a tidy person. You'll probably have more success if they've lived on their own or in a shared house/flat before and pick someone of your own gender if its just the two of you.

I loved living without my parents but hated some of the people I lived with. It was easier with people who liked a clean house and actually cleaned up after themselves.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Rent it out! Just make sure they've got a paying job and are a tidy person. You'll probably have more success if they've lived on their own or in a shared house/flat before and pick someone of your own gender if its just the two of you.

I loved living without my parents but hated some of the people I lived with. It was easier with people who liked a clean house and actually cleaned up after themselves.

What is your thinking behind this bit?

I have shared with both males and females in the past and easily my favourite flatmate was a female

Quote by UltimateGuizar
I'd rent it out to someone who didn't annoy me.

But you can never tell how someone will be after only just meeting them.
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Quote by Wormholes
I watched fresh meat and it doesn't seem like a good idea.

LOL. It's scary how familiar the events in Fresh Meat seem to me. It's bad how relate-able it is.

So yeah OP. I am currently living in uni halls atm. Despite not really connecting with anyone I currently live with, I am applying for halls again next year because it is still good fun. It's like the lottery. It's exciting finding out the people you're going to be living with. At least for me

I keep my fair distance from the people I live with. I hope next year the people I live with i'll connect with more but its rare I do.

I'd go for it!
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.