You know the little kids wearing the misfits shirts and foofighters shirts and nirvana shirts they got from Wal-Mart because the logo "looked cool". What's your opinion on these little bastards?
“There's something to be said that if everyone likes something there's gotta be something fucking wrong with it on some level. Unless it's ice cream.”
― Marc Maron
I'd say that using a term the meaning of which you clearly do not know (goth in this case) is significantly worse than wearing a t-shirt solely because you think the logo looks cool. Also why does it really matter? How does it have any effect on you? And if they have the t-shirt then they clearly have heard of the band.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
if u play "love will tear us apart" or "bela lugosi's dead" in front of me at any point i will never talk to u again
banned
dont really care. to me, "the logo looks cool" is a perfect reason to wear a shirt. I never listened to misfits, but I do like the skull shirts. no reason to think badly of them.

as for the goth thing, Im pretty sure you are confusing them with the "rocker" groupies which often hang out with the weeaboos we see at every school.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by BluesMichael
You know the little kids wearing the misfits shirts and foofighters shirts and nirvana shirts they got from Wal-Mart because the logo "looked cool". What's your opinion on these little bastards?

This is not what Goth is.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I think if you actually tried to make them listen to the bands whose logos they love, they would be terrified!
Quote by deadsmileyface
if u play "love will tear us apart" or "bela lugosi's dead" in front of me at any point i will never talk to u again

LOL! BLD is a wonderful Bauhaus song, you'd probably want to punch me if you ever went to a club I spun at, I played about 6-7 different Bauhaus songs once in a while.

LWTUA is a played out Joy Division song, I prefer Transmission, or She's Lost Control myself.
Quote by ChemicalFire
This is not what Goth is.

You're right . If I'd have played any of the bands listed during one of my dj sets(at the goth clubs I spun @), They'd have laughed me out of the building, and I probably would've never been asked back. I know of ZERO goth clubs that play Nirvana, sorry.
So aside from TS not knowing what goth is....

I have a split opinion on this. Personally, these days I'd never wear a T-shirt of a band I wasn't 100% into, they have to be in my top 2 or 3 bands for me to want to advertise them in that way.

On the other hand, back in the 80s I bought a T-shirt for this very reason. It had a cool picture on it and just the words "Guns N Roses". A few months later I saw that a band with that name was releasing an album called Appetite For Destruction. I bought it on the day it was released and they instantly became one of my all time favourites.

If these little kids discover good music because of a T-shirt they liked in Walmart, I think it has to be a good thing. It's got to be better than having them get into whatever shitty pop band is the latest craze.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
hey, if it makes them happy that's cool. coming to gigs wearing them perhaps a little wankerish if only because it affects something false about your relationship with that band, but really who gives a poop
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Goth is wearing black, smoking, drinking coffee and not being one of the conformisits. DUH!
Hooper drives the boat chief...
Goth kids? wrong decade pal.
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
Quote by purplexing
Goth kids? wrong decade pal.

Yep they are slightly whinier and dye their hair in brighter colors now, completing the transition from "goth" to "emo".

Quote by jackmiddlemiss
Goth is wearing black, smoking, drinking coffee and not being one of the conformisits. DUH!

Great south park episode As usual their absurd comedy cartoon comes awfully close to the truth.
Quote by bptrav
Yep they are slightly whinier and dye their hair in brighter colors now, completing the transition from "goth" to "emo".

Great south park episode As usual their absurd comedy cartoon comes awfully close to the truth.

very true. I am so glad that that whole Emo thing was after my time. I was still part of the the late grunge, early nu-metal scene. We didn't walk about wearing tight skinny jeans, watching fruity 'vampires are so cute' films.

It was all about: headphones in, all in black, and a laissez-faire attitude to just about everything.
'Do you want some waffles?'
'I don't care, maybe...whatever, I'm listening to Manson, shh!'
Hooper drives the boat chief...
And you guys misusing emo is just as bad as TS misusing goth.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.