I am using 11-54 beefy slinky and I experiencing fret buzz only on the low C string. The guitar has a 25.5 scale length. Any suggestions to fixing this?
Raise the action a tad on the bass side? That's the standard fix, unless it's a neck relief issue.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
String in the nut might not be in properly, I had to file some of mine a little so they'd fit larger strings, though if it buzzes and you can't hear it through the amp then it's not much to worry about
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
what guitar specifically do you have?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I also would recommend the higher gauge for the sixth string. At least a 60.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
what guitar specifically do you have?

It's an ESP LTD H-1001
Quote by 'DC fan
String in the nut might not be in properly, I had to file some of mine a little so they'd fit larger strings, though if it buzzes and you can't hear it through the amp then it's not much to worry about

I can hear it coming through the amp. it's only that low C string though.
Quote by GuitarFlip1
I can hear it coming through the amp. it's only that low C string though.

Ah okay, in that case either try a heavier low string, the added tension should stop it being floppy, if that doesn't work look at the nut, if the string doesn't quite sit in, file it down a little, if it's too loose, you can either get a new nut or fill it with something, not sure what but I've heard of people doing it with blu tack
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
If the string is too loose in the nut you can fill the slot by taking a regular celluloid pick and rubbing it on sand paper, collecting the powder that is made. Be sure to mask off the headstock and fret board next t to the nut then add a small amount of cyanoacrilate (super glue) to the slot then some of the powder from the pick the glue dries quickly so have the powder ready to apply.

Once dry repeat with glue then powder until you have the slot more shallow than it needs to be or fill it completely because once the glue/powder mixture is cured completely it can be filed with a nut file.

Some people use baking soda and glue but the celluloid works best, I learned about this from watching a luthier fix a nut on a 90 year old Martin that he was restoring and he didn't want to risk damaging the old wood by replacing the but.

It's a cheap but effective fix you can always replace the nut but if only one slot has issues this will work to fix the one string leaving the others alone.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Mar 5, 2015,
Quote by Evilnine
If the string is too loose in the nut you can fill the slot by taking a regular celluloid pick and rubbing it on sand paper, collecting the powder that is made. Be sure to mask off the headstock and fret board next t to the nut then add a small amount of cyanoacrilate (super glue) to the slot then some of the powder from the pick the glue dries quickly so have the powder ready to apply.

Once dry repeat with glue then powder until you have the slot more shallow than it needs to be or fill it completely because once the glue/powder mixture is cured completely it can be filed with a nut file.

Some people use baking soda and glue but the celluloid works best, I learned about this from watching a luthier fix a nut on a 90 year old Martin that he was restoring and he didn't want to risk damaging the old wood by replacing the but.

It's a cheap but effective fix you can always replace the nut but if only one slot has issues this will work to fix the one string leaving the others alone.

I'm not sure if it would be an issue with the nut. When I play the string open, it doesn't buzz. The guitar was setup for this string gauge and tuning I just never noticed the buzzing because I pretty much always play with gain.