Hi,

What's a way to Dive bomb with a Whammy DT?

If I set the pedal to Dive bomb it seems when I play a string and put my foot down the sound dies quickly. Even if I press the pedal lightly it doesn't really dive. So I am thinking its how I am playing.

Any tips or examples?

The Whammy (bend) settings, Harmony intervals settings, or Detune range controlled by the expression pedal all sound great, BTW. However would love to figure out how to use this feature

Thanks.
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III 50. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. EHX Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker. Polytune mini. e906. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
Maybe the octave down or 2 octave down? More precise of a drop, won't kill your sound as quick.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Maybe the octave down or 2 octave down? More precise of a drop, won't kill your sound as quick.

Do you think thats the same as the dive bomb mode?

Or is Dive Bomb simply just saying - look this is max number of octaves you can go down, we call it dive bomb mode, but to do dive bombs you can use the other octaves depending on your tuning/setup if this doesn't work? Or is there some technique you use with a Dive Bomb that you wouldn't use with the other settings?

Thanks for the help.
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III 50. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. EHX Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker. Polytune mini. e906. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
Depending on how you use the octave down settings, it can sound just like a dive bomb with a whammy bar. The "Dive Bomb" feature is 3 octaves (I think). So it's just a more extreme lowering of the pitch, so each little movement (let's say moving the expression pedal half an inch down) on the "Dive bomb" feature causes more of a pitch drop than the same half inch on the 2 octave. So essentially the pitch is dropping faster on the "Dive Bomb" feature, and on it's lowest settings, will cut out the sound. That is why I suggest using the 2 octave down (or one, if that doesn't work) setting to do a dive bomb technique as opposed to using the "Dive Bomb" feature.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Thanks!
Also, try fretting a very high note, and using the dive bomb mode. On lower notes, the full 3 octave drop will get down to almost inaudible notes, but if you start on a super high note, 3 octaves down will still be audible, and that big of a dive will be pretty sweet.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6