Beginner here, almost got Enter Sandman by Metallica on my electric mastered. This will be the first song I'll master from start to finish. Very excited.

What was your first song?
My first song all the way through was Tomorrow by Silverchair. Although I never did learn the solo. I always played it with a buddy who would knock them. Solo out. Such good memories. I've learned and forgot so much since then.
I learned bits and pieces of a ton of Metallica songs, plus some Tool and Nirvana, back in the beginner days, but never bothered learning entire songs. Since then I've mostly just played my own music, while still occasionally learning a riff or a lead here and there when they get stuck in my head. I recently joined a cover band though, and have actually had to learn entire songs, besides my own, for the first time. So, after almost 10 years of playing, I learned my first song, the Offspring's "Come out and Play", like a month ago.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
In Silent Seas We Drown: Silverstein. Major Achievement was The Scourge: Periphery, as it was my first 7 string, tapping, odd time sig, and major lead part
I think it was Links 2 3 4 from Rammstein - and tons of other Rammstein songs followed. It was great for a beginner, as you really get a feeling for rhythm and timing with their music.

The first song to master completely that made feel proud of it was The Spine Splitter from Cannibal Corpse.
Error 404 - Signature not available.
Premonition by Joe Satriani. I learned a bunch of songs before that, but there was always a small part that was just out of my level, or just felt strange. Premonition at that point was consistently only slightly out of my level at that point. Feels good to have even the small few-note fills down.
"Need No Company" or some other song from Hardcore Superstar's now classic album Dreamin' in a Casket (2007) was the first song I learned all guitar-parts from entirely by ear - there were no tabs available. As for songs I learned through tabs, I don't remember.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
It was either I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness or Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams. It was 11 years ago, I can't remember.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Lithium by Nirvana
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Metallica's Sanitarium.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The Trooper/Aces High
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Wild Thing! You make my heart sing! You make everything groooooovy!
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
I'm an oldie so I go back a long way but the first song I ever learned every part of both lead and rhythm on was the Yardbirds "Mr. You're a Better Man Than I". Jeff Beck's lead on that song was the first lead I ever played note for note and it taught me the basic Pentatonic scale in three octaves though I had no idea that was what it was at the time.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Check out some of the other subforums, such as Musician Talk, for this kind of thing. We like to keep it loosely gear-focused here.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...