Just another fun GAS and what-if thread. A lot of bass brands are changing the kind of bass they make, changing audiences and production values, etc, so it'd be interesting to see where people's opinions are and how they've changed. It's a bit similar to my Christmas GAS thread but there's more at stake here.

Rules: Pick one brand for bass guitar, amp and pedals. You will no be allowed to use any other brand. Custom ideas aren't allowed but made-to-order brands are. (i.e. Musicman.)

E.g. "I would pick the LB-100 by G&L as my favourite bass but I wouldn't want to be endorsed by them because, as a brand, they aren't versatile enough to cover all the stuff I would want to do as a bassist. Etc, etc."

I'll post my thoughts when I can settle on what they are; it's a toughy.
For bass I would go with ESP. They've got enough variety and ebony fretboards to keep me satisfied.

Amps...hard to say. I recently switched to GK, so I guess I'll go that route.

Pedals=MXR/Dunlop. I'm not a huge pedal freak, but they do the job very well and are compact ands sturdy.
Warwick basses, because it seems like the only way to get one in the UK new at the moment is through endorsements

In all seriousness, you all know how much of a wh*re I am for them.

Amps will probably have to be EBS or Krampera. Probably leaning towards EBS. The Fafner is very good across the board, but what the Krampera does well, it does even better. Yeah, probably EBS for the versatility.

Effects will be Red Witch. Hands down the best chorus and delay I've ever had my hands on.
For amplifiers, either EBS (I want a Fafner II) or Carvin (B2000). For basses, well; that is a tough one. If I get a free bass out of it, Alembic would be high on my list. Realistically, I would go with Carvin, or maybe Schecter (because their custom shop will build you almost anything you want, and the quality is excellent - ebony fretboards!).
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Unless I misunderstood the question, this is one brand alone to cover everything? That would be a tough one. I think I'd have to go for Fender. They don't make my favourite amps or pedals, but my favourite amp/pedal makers don't make basses, and Warwick (my preference in basses) make (imho) lacklustre amps, and I can't live without a great amp.

A custom slim-necked 70's style Jazz, probably basically a Geddy Lee without the badass bridge (unpopular opinion but I don't like them) would do it for me as basses go, into a Fender Super Bassman 300 and matching 8x10 cab (does this deal come with someone to carry it around?) would definitely do it for me. I'd just have to live with a Fender compressor/wah/fuzz.

If it's one brand for each, I'd have to go for Warwick basses - a conservative custom shop Warwick can look gorgeous, and I love the way they play and sound. Amps would probably be Matamp, or Ampeg. Hard to say. Probably Matamp, as I prefer their ethos. Pedals? I think I'd actually go for EHX, just because they have such a massive range and I generally get on with their pedals.

So yeah, it would either be Fender if this is all-encompassing, or Warwick, Matamp and EHX if not.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by CorrosionMedia
Dingwall/Warwick, Ashdown and SansAmp, next question.

Dingwall or Warwick?

It's a tricky question. I'd go with G&L if they had more variation and Warwick if they didn't treat distributors like shit. In the end I think I'd have to go with Ibanez. The SR Portamento is the best fretless I've ever played and it wouldn't take to much to make a BTB Terra Firma with a PJ setup rather than soapbars. Who knows, maybe they'd finally reissue the Musician just for me.

With amps I would have to go with Ampeg, much as I dislike the SVT heads. They're the only brand I've know to consistently make great sounding 15" cabs and they do powerful class-d amps now (the PF-800) alongside reissuing studio monsters line the B-15 (the only valve amp I will tolerate.)

I would choose EBS for the pedals but, outside of their Multicomp, a lot of their modulation pedals are meh. I would also go for EHX. Their Black Finger compressor (shock-horror, more tube gear) is what I simulate most often in Guitar Rig and their modulation stuff is great. You really can't top EHX for choruses and envelope filters.

Brb, buying Black Finger, QTron, Small Stone and Soul Food.
You've trashed "custom", so I can't buy a guitar from Alan at AC Guitars, and that's honestly where I'd go. Ditto for the four Greenboy-design fEARless and fEARful cabinets I have now (15/6/1's and F115). The Carvin BX1500 head's good.

I'd probably go with Dingwall or Alembic among established brands, with Carvin as an alternate.
Carvin for the amp head, again, and BareFacedBass cabinets by Alex Claber.

Bass FX are a bit random; I use some that I have in a Bass Pod XT occasionally.

I don't think I'd want an SVT. Don't want cabinets with bunches of 10's, particularly. Better stuff out there these days.

Baseline: I don't think that big-brand manufacturers are where I'd go for a bass these days. I might even consider a Variax 705 to cover all those bases (Rics, Precisions, Jazz, etc.). No Ibanez, no Warwick.
It's really hard for me to tack just one brand down for bass, but I'd probably say it comes down to either Spector or Zon, with Modulus running a close second.

For amps, maybe Aguilar? Especially if that also gave me access to their pickups and preamps. Although Acoustic USA would be pretty sweet, but I haven't tried any of the new 360/361's.

Effects are tricky because I don't really use too many (or any at all sometimes). Realistically I'd go with Darkglass and that would be all I need. If I really wanted to get crazy I'd say Source Audio, but that's more then I'd realistically ever use.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I would love to have a Mockingbird bass with all of the coil taps, mixers and pre-amps they used to have in the waaaaaaaay back times....and a Kahler Trem wouldn't hurt.

That said, i'd really like to design my own Mustang, so probably Fender.

Orange amps, I want a Dark Bass Terror.

FX are all over the place, but probably Death By Audio.
Cry yourself to ash
Basses: Ibanez. Not enough love for the solid workhorse Ibby IMO.

Amps: TC Electronic. I want's me a Blacksmith. And the toneprint system adds a lot of versatility.

Pedals: EHX.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Quote by Spaz91

Brb, buying Black Finger, QTron, Small Stone and Soul Food.

I'd probably go with EHX too for (bass) effects (don't know enough about basses and amps to pick one I'd probably want, in both cases, a manufacturer which makes a mixture of more modern and more vintage-style stuff). Though I've heard some complaints about how well they're made.

Didn't you make fun of the bass soul food when it was released? Or are you just getting the regular (guitar) soul food?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bass: PRS

Amp: Aguilar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Bass-Warwick, either a Corvette or Thumb.
Amp-SWR
Pedals-MXR
So exactly what I use now.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
stick enterprises

phil jones

TCE
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Spaz91
I don't know how to tell you this...

R.I.P. SWR Amplifiers. The Redhead was truly awesome in so many ways.
Bass: MusicMan
Amps: Gallien Krueger
Pedals: Electro-Harmonix
I want '61 Jazz Bass!
Quote by FatalGear41
R.I.P. SWR Amplifiers. The Redhead was truly awesome in so many ways.

So Fender finally killed SWR? I didn't know they officially went out of business. Guess I'll have to change my pick then.
Bass- Warwick Thumb or Corvette
Amp- Ampeg SVT-4PRO + 8X10E
Pedals- MXR M-80 + Bass Chorus Deluxe + Bass Compressor
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Status
Meyers
AnalogMan
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Quote by joey-only
So Fender finally killed SWR? I didn't know they officially went out of business. Guess I'll have to change my pick then.
Bass- Warwick Thumb or Corvette
Amp- Ampeg SVT-4PRO + 8X10E
Pedals- MXR M-80 + Bass Chorus Deluxe + Bass Compressor

The Ampeg SVT-4PRO currently manufactured in Vietnam is not as good as the older version made in the U.S.A., or so I have been told.
FatalGear41 - such is why one is causing an accumulation of Genz Benz NeoX Cabinets, GBE 600's, NeoX400's, and Shuttle Max's over here.

GenxBenz has been returned to KMC, and was a desired Brand to be restarted. But where will production wind up?

Who knows where and when. So we are accumulating the best vintage product designs, in our eyes, over here.
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Morely A/B
^ When did this happen with Genz Benz? I picked up some GB stuff when they were blowing it out too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Genz Benz was closed down by Fender last Year.

rumor has it that DWDrums picked it up.

Direct evidence from a KMC VP on another nameless forum has admitted that the re-acquisition of Genz was a motivating factor in them reaquiring certain brands from a Fender [what I call] fire sale.

He says it is going to be revived.
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Morely A/B
Interesting, thanks for the info. Most of the GB stuff I've tried (guitar and bass) seems pretty nice. Or at least it was at the prices I paid.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?