Hello,

I currently own a BP30 and enjoy using it for a lush clean and threshold-of-OD tones. I use downtuned guitars with heavy strings and play progressive metal/post metal mainly.

A TA-15 has shown up locally for a great price. I read that it's geared towards Vox/Marshally type tones, somewhat similar to the BP-30.

Anyone with experience with these two know how they might compare? I am a Boogie guy at heart (most my gear is Mesa) but do really like the BP. The only downside to the BP 30 is that it's a bit heavy and bulky for a low wattage head and it doesnt do gain tone at all. Marshall-style gain (TA) is probably not really my thing. I use a Dual Rec for the br00tal tones. I am mainly interested in sweet, slightly dirty cleans.
^ I haven't tried the TA

Have you tried TGP? There's a black pearl thread over there, so at least a few of the members there have one, and with any luck some of them might have tried the mesa as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?