Ayeee, my dad bought a blackheart BH15H tube amp a few years ago(I think :P) and I plugged in a distortion pedal into it and it started to make a crackling noise. It now makes the crackling noise whenever I turn it on and does it with both of my speakers. Need help, thanks!
sounds like you need a new amp

EL-OH-****ING-EL!!!
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
for real though, i'd ask in one of the gear threads because the pit is the worst place to ask questions if you want a legitimate answer.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
for real though, i'd ask in one of the gear threads because the pit is the worst place to ask questions if you want a legitimate answer.

+1

Could be the tubes going, a shorted cable, or a speaker problem or something though.
ayy lmao
Something is loose, most likely. What's happening is the connection is intermittent, so when it connects there is a spark, so it pops. Electricity builds up somewhere to the point where it jumps the gap, pops, and that's why you hear that sudden noise.

Try the guitar itself, the cable, the input jack on the amp, eventually the tubes. I'd check the tubes last because you could screw 'em up looking at them, and they arent' cheap!

Your cable could be going bad and not making a proper connection. It could be a lot of things though.