So basically, my dad bought a Blackheart BH15h tube amp a year or two ago. I plugged in a crossroads distortion pedal and boom, crackling/popping noise. I've tried plugging it into other speakers as well, but no luck. I don't know much about tube amps, so yeah.
All of the knobs are all the way down as well, and the 7/15 watt channel thing is on 7 watts if that helps at all
does it still crackle when you unplug the guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It likely is a power tube (or both) gone bad.
Try and substitute them.

EDIT: also cheers!
I'm happy to have found somebody else who has a blackheart
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ yeah crackling/popping, once you've eliminated the guitar and cables, is likely to be a tube I think.

is it cathode-biased?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had the Little Giant 5W I got used - had the same issue so I threw in a new power tube and that solved the issue.

I still regret selling that amp...
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Thanks for the help homies

I'm not the one who bought the amp, so I'm not entirely sure what the specs and hardware are, and I don't know much about amps to begin with (especially tube amps lol).I'll try changing the speaker cable when I rock out later.