nyandres,
Pretty trippy/unusual intro. I wasn't expecting the pretty female vocals after the intro. Audio quality is good after the intro. For me the vocals were the highlight of the song, though I wish she didn't repeat "save me from myself" (I have a song with that title BTW) so many times at one point. Interesting song. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1671172
Great over all composition... Once again I was not expecting the female vocals which were surprisingly good. I was looking for a little more ethereal effect or padding to the sound which felt a bit sparse for this genre (E.g. Epica, Nightwish and the other female euro bands)
Quote by aaron aardvark
nyandres,
Pretty trippy/unusual intro. I wasn't expecting the pretty female vocals after the intro. Audio quality is good after the intro. For me the vocals were the highlight of the song, though I wish she didn't repeat "save me from myself" (I have a song with that title BTW) so many times at one point. Interesting song. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1671172

Hey there, I commented on your track in your post. I enjoyed the tracks. That intro on the first one is NICE.
The intro was definitely my favorite part of the song. That isn't to say the rest wasn't good because in my opinion it was. I just feel like it could use a little more kick. Like at ~3:40 the buildup could be a little harsher in my opinion and still sound awesome. Other than that I've got no complaints and enjoyed the song.

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1671076
And everything that once was
infinitely far
and unsayable is now
unsayable
and right here in the room.

- Franz Wright
Quote by NougatOfficial
The intro was definitely my favorite part of the song. That isn't to say the rest wasn't good because in my opinion it was. I just feel like it could use a little more kick. Like at ~3:40 the buildup could be a little harsher in my opinion and still sound awesome. Other than that I've got no complaints and enjoyed the song.

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1671076

I wrote the comment on your thread. That sounds very very warm and sweet man. With a good recording, it can sound super awesome.
There's not much i can really critique here haha. Very interesting and composition seems spot on. The distorted guitars could maybe be improved on. Maybe experiment with a louder or more aggressive bass tone and less gain on the guitars. Finding the right blend between guitar/bass can give your tracks the hugeness they deserve. Not that its bad at all haha.
(signature removed, please choose another)
Wow this is very different man. Really interesting composition and style. Mix sounds good although I feel like some parts aren't as tight as they could be specifically with the drums. To me it feels like ther is too much fills and variation and as a result doesnt flow as well as it should. The vocals are definitely a surprise, not what im used to but they are well sung. Would take some time to grow on me. I dug the guitar in the song, the clean parts sounds jazz influenced. Overall this was very unexpected, a nice surprise! Well done man! Thx for the crit on my song btw..
Last edited by ryan19 at Mar 5, 2015,
Hey man. Thanks so much for the crit. Sorry it took so long to reply but I've been busy and this track actually took some deconstruction from my side.

I love how offbeat your track is. Production is also quite good. Defly in the psychedelic realm. The vocals are amazing. Have an ensnaring quality to them. The guitars are odd and kind of go the oddball way which I think is a very good thing in psychedelic rock. This is a very promising track and I hope to hear more from you guys soon.

If I have one crit it would be that I think more elements could be added, but they are purely my 2 cents. Maybe a hammond organ or something really ambient

Following you guys on Facebook now. Hi I'm your newest fan. :P
thx guys for the feedback. I should have another track in the next few weeks. That one will be have similar metal, yet soft elements, but will be more in the uplifted sounding side, and less of what I like to call gloomy prettyness.
As I listen:

That's an amazingly full sound from the guitar in the intro.

I like the grittiness of the bass in the verse; I'd maybe even add a little more gain to the treble.

I think this chorus could benefit from some pads or sustained vocal notes, or even better yet, those could be added with each chorus; I'll be watching for any changes.

I think the verses could benefit from an extra layer or two; some held out higher single notes in the background could be a very easy way to add something, or some clean, filtered chords.

Some background vocals or a pad would have been very beneficial to the last chorus. The tremelo picking that's added contributes, but I think more changes would have really helped.

I'm being alittle nitpicky with this, since your mixing is VERY good, which gives me a lot less to help with than most tracks on here. Good work.

C4C? Links are in my sig.
okay..it start out..im liking it..kinda dark feel to it..everything is tight..i like when it slows down a bit and there is less distortion..female vocacals where a surprise..very good singing...I might raise the levels a bit in the track though..kinda hard to hear the lyrics...this was original and I liked it. 1 other thing though..the chorus and verses seemed almost the same..maybe change the melody up a bit or the chords..anyway not bad..cool track yall. crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1672514