As the title says, I'm getting a new guitar for downtuning and I wanna learn some machine head. The songs I had in mind were Aesthetics Of Hate, Beautiful Morning, Imperium or Locust. Been playing for about a year. Thanks!
I haven't learned much machine head, but for somebody playing only a year i'd say the majority is definitely too hard
At a year of playing, I struggled greatly with songs like Imperium. It can't hurt to try, but I think you'd need some more practice.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Is it just me, or are these "how difficult is this [insert band/song here] to play?" threads a little silly?

Can't you just try it? If you can't play it up to speed, it's difficult. If you get close after one attempt, maybe it's not difficult. Give it a try. Sorry, I need to get more coffee -- it's early.
I could play aesthetics of hate pretty well after a year of playing, but then a year of playing for one person can be massively different to a year of playing for someone else.
As for the rest of Machine Head's stuff, I wouldn't know as I dont really listen to them, but beware - they play a few Hz above C# standard, so playing along to their songs is annoying as **** if you also want to play other bands' stuff.
The stuff in Burn My Eyes are not ridiculously hard. Challenging to a beginner player but learnable. Especially songs that are Drop tuned instead of Standard. And to be honest, all of those songs can be played Drop tuned and Machine Head even plays them live that way no matter what the tabs here in UG say. At least you will learn few bad ass riffs even if the more complex parts stay out of your reach for now.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Mar 4, 2015,
Quote by MaaZeus
The stuff in Burn My Eyes are not ridiculously hard. Challenging to a beginner player but learnable. Especially songs that are Drop tuned instead of Standard. And to be honest, all of those songs can be played Drop tuned and Machine Head even plays them live that way no matter what the tabs here in UG say. At least you will learn few bad ass riffs even if the more complex parts stay out of your reach for now.

Right, I think I'll try Imperium instead of Aesthetics Of Hate then. Now the challenge is just forcing myself to sit and learn it very slowly.