Its hard to explain it (pardon the offense if you're dyslexic).

But do you read sentences all at once? See the question mark before its coming?
Yes.[/sentence]
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
dyslexics are teople poo!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Yes.[/sentence]

Quote by cha33 armstrong
No

Quote by metal4eva_22
Maybe.

I don't know, can you repeat the question?
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Yes, I would generally have an indication of the length and structure of a sentence before I start reading the actual words.
Quote by cha33 armstrong
I don't know, can you repeat the question?

You're not the boss of me now
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I sometimes see the question mark coming, for example if the sentence starts with "Do you"
Quote by MrEvilChris
Go away homo
I have to hand it to you, you definitely live up to your 'desperate' title. If I were a mod, I wouldn't ban you (within regulations, of course) simply because of that.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Somethings I do see a question mark before the sentence begins, like in ¿quieres ir con nosotros?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes. It's nice for speed reading but terrible for actually remembering anything - I usually have to take notes if I want to remember what I read without rereading it 5 or 6 times. I'm not actually dyslexic though.
cat
I usually look ahead of what I'm reading so I know if what I'm reading is a questions or a statement. Probably stems from how I was taught to read music back in elementary school: always read a line ahead of where you are.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by icanhasgodmode
Somethings I do see a question mark before the sentence begins, like in ¿quieres ir con nosotros?

¡Sí, quiero! ¿Quieres que me ponga algo especial?
Quote by guitarxo
Yes. It's nice for speed reading but terrible for actually remembering anything - I usually have to take notes if I want to remember what I read without rereading it 5 or 6 times. I'm not actually dyslexic though.

Wait.. what is the point of speed reading if you don't remember what you read?
Quote by ultimate-slash
¡Sí, quiero! ¿Quieres que me ponga algo especial?

No importa si es sólo un poco
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by ultimate-slash
¡Vale! *guiño, guiño*

Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I admit that I had to look up whether I had to use the subjunctive in my first sentence, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I understood the explanation on a Spanish website without too much trouble.

Go me!
I used Google Translate.

Go me!

Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Si!
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by 3Mb-Ry
you dont wanna know about mexican spanish, hijueputa

I already do, and it's weird as fuck :P

But then again, all the Spanish dialects are so different that an argument can me made that all of them are weird? Specially the Spanish from Spain.
Quote by VillainousLatin
I already do, and it's weird as fuck :P

But then again, all the Spanish dialects are so different that an argument can me made that all of them are weird? Specially the Spanish from Spain.

Castilian Spanish is right proper mate.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by VillainousLatin
Wait.. what is the point of speed reading if you don't remember what you read?

For pleasure. That's how I read most novels where the focus is more on the plot/characters and less on the beauty of the writing. Also if I read novels too slow I have trouble imagining most scenes unless i'm doing something else at the same time.

Also i do remember what I read, but for no more than an hour or two. If i am reading to gain specific knowledge which I will need for more than a few hours I need to write everything down.
cat
Would you like a Mount Everest for that burned area Victory2134?
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I wasn't trying to use Mexican Spanish btw, no idea where I would even start with that.

Well, Mexico would be a good place to start, but **** that.
Quote by guitarxo
For pleasure. That's how I read most novels where the focus is more on the plot/characters and less on the beauty of the writing. Also if I read novels too slow I have trouble imagining most scenes unless i'm doing something else at the same time.

Also i do remember what I read, but for no more than an hour or two. If i am reading to gain specific knowledge which I will need for more than a few hours I need to write everything down.

Ah, I guess the fact that I am unable to speed read made me misunderstand what you were saying. Every time I read a novel for example my mind drifts and creates the world I'm imagining and sometimes I basically stop reading or have to re-read because I was too lost in my mind to actually pay attention. So when I try to speed read I just end up forgetting most of the stuff since I actually memorize by visualizing.
Quote by Fat Lard
Its hard to explain it (pardon the offense if you're dyslexic).

But do you read sentences all at once? See the question mark before its coming?

I don't do that, but I do accidentally skip lines. Like reading a word on the line below, and incorporating that into the line I'm reading by mistake.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Ah, I guess the fact that I am unable to speed read made me misunderstand what you were saying. Every time I read a novel for example my mind drifts and creates the world I'm imagining and sometimes I basically stop reading or have to re-read because I was too lost in my mind to actually pay attention. So when I try to speed read I just end up forgetting most of the stuff since I actually memorize by visualizing.

Ah I'm the exact opposite then. I can't memorize anything by visualizing, it has to be verbal in some way. Either by explaining it to myself or writing it out or something. When I read a novel, I see quick flashes of each scene but it's impossible for me to get lost in them because I'm busy reading so that occupies the verbal part of my brain. After I finish the book or take a break, I can imagine each scene in more detail but I'm narrating everything, both what is described in the book and what I make up on my own. So I can spend hours, even days reimagining a single scene after I'm done but it passes just as quick as everything else while I'm reading. I usually talk to myself while I'm doing this too so thinking about books I've read is a pre-bedtime ritual.
cat
when i used to read a lot (well not a lot but more than i do now) i would finnd myself reading and not really taking anything in, it's like we become so adept at reading we just do it subconsciously or something
I don't directly look but unless I'm reading a sentence on something that's like ten feet long and I'm up close obviously I'm going to notice the end punctuation in my peripheral vision.

I do type faster than I think most of the time if that counts.
Last edited by Wormholes at Mar 4, 2015,