Ltd Gus 600 EC was an insanely awesome guitar. it was a signature series but was really worth the money you paid (Original Tonepros, Locking tuners, SD Blackouts, Kill switch, Killer graphics)

It was at par with the Ltd ec deluxe 1000 series.

But Esp stopped it's production and replaced it with horrible gus 200 model. Which retails at 499. The discontinued model was 799.

What are your thoughts on this?
Last edited by hkgokul at Mar 4, 2015,
I was more interested in his star design, but I could never find one.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Did you check ebay/Amazon??
Gearorphanage.com had all his star shapes, I think they still have them
I remember wanting one when they came out, but the star one is pretty cool and wouldn't mind having it. Since we're talking about discontinued Esps and Ltds my inner metallica fan boy wants to get a kh oujia guitar so bad!
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Quote by hkgokul

But Esp stopped it's production and replaced it with horrible gus 200 model. Which retails at 499. The discontinued model was 799.

What are your thoughts on this?

From a marketing view, it usually indicates waning artist (or guitar) popularity and lack of sales at the higher price. The intrinsic value of the guitar isn't important. After all, they discontinued the Les Paul in 1960 for waning popularity and lack of sales.
One of my favorite ESP guitars was a version put out for one of those odd Japanese bands. I doubt I'll ever find one and it's seriously weird, but I want one nonetheless.

The Star design was a nice throwback to Charvel though. So yay?

But whatever. Never cared for the EC version. Nothing special about it other than Gus G's name.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 4, 2015,
I'm so sad, I guess I might go cry.

I doubt it was on par with the EC-1000, one made in korea the other China
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The specs were nothing special (a killswitch takes 5 minutes to install and the other stuff is already offered on guitars in the same price-range) so the guitar was basically a Korean-made Ltd EC with incredibly ugly graphics of no redeeming quality at all.

Am I sad it's gone? I'm more surprised it even was introduced. There's so many EC-models out there that it's hard to see the point of offering even more as signature models. The "Star" Gus G-model at least was an added option in the ESP-range.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.