Hi everyone. Yesterday I got my Digitech screaming blues pedal which I bought new on ebay. When I first connected it and started playing I immediately noticed that my volume is really low, even when the volume knob on the pedal is maxed out. I pretty much need to triple the volume on the guitar volume knob when the pedal is on to get the same amount of volume when its off. I tried messing around with the other knobs on the pedal but it just seems to happen as long as the pedal is on, even when the gain is maxed out you can barely hear any difference.

I'm using a Gibson les paul studio and a Blackstar HT-40 which have been flawless to me so far, so I'm pretty sure the pedal is what causing the problem. Other than that, it sounds fine when its on and when its off and still connected to the amp my sound is still good.

Bottom line is- should I just return it to the seller and get a refund or a replacement, or I'm missing something out here and thats just how this pedal behaves?
How are you powering it?
'cause it seems to me that it's not receiving enough power.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
How are you powering it?
'cause it seems to me that it's not receiving enough power.

It came with a battery already fitted in it so I guessed Im good, but now when you are saying this can be a power related issue, I think this could really be just an old battery that needs a replacement. I'll try replacing it with a new one tommorow and report back, thanks.
Quote by amitkummer
It came with a battery already fitted in it so I guessed Im good, but now when you are saying this can be a power related issue, I think this could really be just an old battery that needs a replacement. I'll try replacing it with a new one tommorow and report back, thanks.

Never trust the battery it comes with. Even a brand new pedal usually comes with cheap knock off batteries.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
Even a brand new pedal usually comes with cheap knock off batteries.
And I'm guessing this is true twice in this situation 'cause the pedal in which it comes is a cheap knock off itself
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
yeah try with a new battery

there's something wrong if the volume is really low, it has a ton of boost on tap

turn the volume on the pedal down before trying it with a new battery
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Spambot_2
And I'm guessing this is true twice in this situation 'cause the pedal in which it comes is a cheap knock off itself

Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals