Basically, im just starting to hav my own analog pedals,
And im playing guitar for 9 years already. And i just used whatever multi effects available at church.
Anyway.....
i currently hav bosssd-1 and a boss dd3.
I get my wanted tones and swells just using these...
Im playing lead/ rhythm in a church setup....

Well, help please? what do i need most?
Another drive pedal or another delay pedal.....
thanks!
Quote by euanmigz
Basically, im just starting to hav my own analog pedals
Quote by euanmigz
and a boss dd3.
The dd3 isn't analog tho.
Quote by euanmigz
Well, help please? what do i need most?
Another drive pedal or another delay pedal...
Depends.

You sure as hell don't need any other distortion or delay pedal at this point though.

What sounds do you wanna achieve?
What's the rest of your setup?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
The dd3 isn't analog tho.
Depends.

You sure as hell don't need any other distortion or delay pedal at this point though.

GTFO, you ALWAYS need more. Of. Everything.

But euanmigz, what Spambot_2 said.
A volume pedal for swells. I've heard that thats a popular effect for church players.
Quote by CodeMonk
GTFO, you ALWAYS need more. Of. Everything.
Forgot that for a minute, sorry
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
What amp does your church/do you use?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Spambot_2

+1

depends on what you want/need.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well. Sorry for saying dd3 as analog. My mistake.

For volume pedal, i dont need those. I do swells using knob from my strat.
Im used to it. (As being a minimalist)

The sounds i achieve, ranges from blues-hard rock.

As for the amp, in church, i used the peavey envoy 110.
Cause it has clean and dirty channel.
It also has a revrb. Spring i think? Whatever. I just used its on-board verb anyways.

Now, what else do i need?
Help out guys
Oh by the way, i need to achieve the tones of hillsong, planetshakers, bethel, etc.....
So im asking what pedal to add....
Quote by euanmigz
Oh by the way, i need to achieve the tones of hillsong, planetshakers, bethel, etc.....
So im asking what pedal to add....

I also play worship both acoustic and electric. Modern Christian contemporary is all about OD, tap delay, reverb, and compression. Sometimes ebow but really not much else. For these I like digital multi effects and have 3-4 patches set up that do pretty good emulation of Edge, Hillsong, Bethel lead stuff. Getting too experimental generally doesn't go over all that well in my experience.

If there is a song that vexes you, find out what their guitarist uses to get that sound. If you need a pedal to get there, buy one. Don't just go out and randomly load up a board without clear need and purpose.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Mar 4, 2015,
i am currently running a zendrive>OCD>malekko 616>malekko 616 Lo-FI. does what i need. but analog delays aren't necessary the best for worship. tap tempo is better for scenarios like that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Everyone is different, but I can tell you what I use for my worship setup - yours doesn't have to be the same but it will give you an idea of what you are looking for. Compressor - OD1 (light overdrive)-OD2 (heavier overdrive) - volume pedal - Delay1 - Delay2 - reverb-amp. Sometimes there is some variation a clean boost maybe, but that is the basic setup.

I would suggest for you that you don't bother with the dirty channel on your amp and instead get a couple of ODs. I run a Soul Food for the light OD - or sometimes even a slightly dirty clean tone, my second OD is a tube screamer type pedal - also set not very dirty - this gives you three levels of OD - OD1, OD2 and OD1+OD2 - should give you all the grit you need for worship music.

Delays - two delays will give you better swell sounds, you set them so that they are out of phase with each other and it gives you that nice washy oscillating swell. You want at least one delay to have tap tempo - the other can be a set and forget setup. I use an Ibanez DE7 and a Joyo D-SEED.

Also I think you will find that a volume pedal will open up your swells a lot as you can start the swell while you are strumming - which is a lot harder to do if you are using the guitar volume.

A compressor to me is a must for clean stuff, just makes your playing sound smoother but you can get by without it, reverb you said you use the amp, I think a volume pedal will impress you (all the guys you want to sound like use one) but again you can get by without. That being said leaves you with getting 1 additional OD and 1 additional delay.
I play some stuff from those same bands in my church. A good delay is essential. I'm currently using a digitech hardwire delay, but that's just until I can afford something better that has a tap tempo switch and presets. It's nice to have presets so you can go from your full-level dotted eighth note delay to a more subtle delay, etc. etc.

An overdrive is the most essential (at least in my opinion). A couple of overdrives is always nice, and a distortion can be handy (especially for me, because I like to play heavy stuff). Your SD-1 should be good for church use. If you want another, there's a million great options. Soul Food, OCD, TS9, the list goes on for infinity. If you're on a tight budget (most church players are) you could take a look at Joyo.

Right at this moment I only have an overdrive and a distortion on my board. My second overdrive and distortion are currently in various stages of deconstruction in my workshop. My "secret weapon", though, is my crybaby wah pedal. I modified it so that I can use it as a volume boost, to boost my other dirt pedals, or as a volume pedal. I love that crybaby...
Last edited by transformed at Mar 5, 2015,
Just by reading and your opinions, i'd go for 2 od's and 2 delay's set-up?
Can 2 digital delays work well? 1 at 8th. And 1 in .8th?
In my opinion, what you really need right now is a reverb pedal. Whether the amp reverb is good or not..if It's spring, for swelling sounds there is so much more out there.

I find I rarely find a use for spring reverb in my playing, I usually go for either a hall or plate reverb and use the mix for how much of a forefront sound i want.