So here's the deal. I'm currently in the process of building a pedal board, and i have a Mondo to power everything. I also have a Blackstar HT pedal, which doesn't run on battery and requires more voltage than the Mondo supplies.

Luckily it has a "courtesy outlet", however, since the Mondo is an export model it has a reverse IEC instead of an actual power outlet. So i got one of these things:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ix2sgxLNL.jpg

It fit the reverse IEC and can go into the Blackstar's power adapter. However, i'm a bit hesitant since i'm nervous i'll short something or otherwise damage my equipment. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is okay or whether i should find a different solution? I don't know a lot about electronics, so i'd like input from someone who does.

Thanks in advance

Blackstar HT DistX specs:
Power: 22V DC
Maximum Current Draw: 1.1A

Mondo:
It says there is a 200 watts maximum rating, the manual doesn't have a lot of information about the outlet.
What supply are you using exactly?

In any case it's unlikely that it will have a 22v out, so you're probably gonna have to use its own power supply.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Voodoo labs Mondo. There's this designated outlet on the back. It doesn't really state how big the output is. The manual says " AC auxiliary. This is a courtesy AC outlet for convenient powering of AC
powered effects or a MIDI foot controller. Note the 200 watt maximum rating. Do
NOT plug in your amp here! "... Then again the manual shows a picture of the US version and not the export one.
No, what you want to do isn't doable with your equipment.

You need a power supply that outputs at least 800mA @ 16v, AC.
Your power supply simply doesn't have that output.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Are you absolutely sure about that? In the commercial they use it to power a EHX Deluxe Memory man, which takes 24 DC / 100 mA. It's supposed to be a courtesy power outlet (in the US version it is an actual outlet) after all, and another thread stated it could power Blackstar HT pedals. I was really more nervous about my IEC-to-adapter solution, because wasn't sure how viable an option it was.
Quote by 91metalhead
Are you absolutely sure about that?
Yes.
Quote by 91metalhead
In the commercial they use it to power a EHX Deluxe Memory man, which takes 24 DC / 100 mA.
Never seen that commercial.
It can't do that anyway, the highest voltage it can output is 16v (more like 12v though).

Biggest problem is still the fact that the blackstar has an AC power input while your psu only outputs DC from the "AC aux output" on the back.
Quote by 91metalhead
It's supposed to be a courtesy power outlet (in the US version it is an actual outlet) after all
You couldn't plug a pedal there, you need a power adapter in the middle.

Also please stop calling it "courtesy outlet", it doesn't mean anything and it's pretty unclear what you're referring to.
Quote by 91metalhead
and another thread stated it could power Blackstar HT pedals
Not to offend you, but you seem pretty confused and you might have misunderstood what they wrote in that other thread.

Or maybe they were just plain wrong.
Quote by 91metalhead
I was really more nervous about my IEC-to-adapter solution, because wasn't sure how viable an option it was.
IEC to adapter also doesn't mean anything.
Well it might mean a lot of things...

The image of the cable you posted is an IEC 60320 C7 to IEC 60320 C14.

What you want to plug it in exactly is still out of my comprehension, so would you mind trying and describe everything that you want to do exactly?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Allright from the top. I call it a courtesy outlet because that is what Voodoo Lab calls it. Its a IEC C14 port on the back of the supply, and use the converter to attach it to the C7 port, which is on the Blackstar Pedal adapter, that normally connects to a regular power plug. The pedal itself is connected to the adapter (which is connected with the converter pictured, to the outlet on the power supply).

I'm quite sure i did not misunderstand the thread in question.

This is the commercial in which they power the Memory man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3HqMRRvi_o

I also stumbled a thread on the voodoo lab forums that also states that it should be able to run off the IEC in the back. "These models will have a Reverse IEC jack for the Courtesy Outlet as the most "universal" connector possible. This is the same connector used on the outputs for all 220-240V Furman power conditioners."
The female version of the C14 is the C13 and the male version of the C7 is the C8.

It wasn't clear to me that you were plannin to use the aux power out to feed the blackstar's power supply and not using one of the front power outputs to power the pedal directly.
In this case yes, what you want to do is doable and that cable would work.

As for the video I may have skipped some parts but I've watched that two times and I've seen no memory man.
Mind posting a timestamp?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Great, i was sure there was some miss-communication going on between us. They show the Memory Man around 1:40, it's shown very briefly so if you skipped some parts it's likely that you missed it.