I need help with a melody made from 4 seperate pieces (links are below). Basically I'm trying to mix them into a sort of level theme but don't know how. Could someone either give me tips or better yet write a melody with all 4 in mind? As you know my ears aren't the best (especially for this sort of thing) and I really need to work on them. I'd really appreciate it and I will give credit if a melody is sent. Sorry for making a topic about this but my other one is ignored. PM me or send it to TCzyzMaster@Gmail.com okay.

"Lunar Boy" is a surreal remix of "13th Dilemma" (Kingdom Hearts 2). Especailly Importnat.
https://soundcloud.com/dark-ronald-poe/lunar-boy-demo

"Lord of Trainers" is an odd remix of "Trainer Battle" (Pokémon Red and Blue.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/RonaldPoe/music/play1302156

Baron Praxis (second fight) from Jakk 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqw6fFY-TYs

"Game On! (Demo1)" is a remix of "I'll Face Myself' (Persona 4) done in a tribute to Mitsuo. Especially important.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/RonaldPoe/music/all/play1302657

Can anyone help me improve my ear as well.
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Let me give it to you straight, none of these melodies are unusual. I don't really get your motive Ronald.
I mean the whole genre of hip-pop involves slapping samples together to create something new. But there's logic in it, what is your logic? And don't give me that 'surreal' stuff you've been feeding us. Cause surreal isn't what I'd call it.
I'd compare my approach to remixing to an artist painting a picture (in this case abstract art). You use various colors (melodies and bassines) with a basic idea (main melody) and try to create something of beauty. Before you say I know nothing of art, I made a B in a college art class and took extensive notes. I also like to challenge myself and push myself harder each time. I'm asking to mix the basic jist (melody, bits of harmony, and nuances) into a coherent melody.

Anyway, I agree that the Jak 2 piece wasn't that unusual but I added it because it sounds cool. You're right that I'm a little illogical in my music but that's part of the fun. I also use Anime and video games as huge influences (along with various types of music and Disney).
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
I would transpose them all into the same key (if they're not already - I haven't listened to any of it), then try to pick out the most recognizable parts of each and then try to stitch them together. Well, actually, I wouldn't do it at all, but if I did that's how I'd go about it. Have you tried just writing your own music?
Do yourself a favor and start writing your own music instead of mashing together pieces in different keys; that just creates a lot of chromaticism and dissonance.
Last edited by Elintasokas at Mar 4, 2015,
Yeah seriously we can't help much with your technique as it involves mashing things together. Can't really improve upon that.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
I bet you didn't know this but the parts I used for JetPenguin's projects were original compositions. I'm also in such a writer's block that I can't even get my next remix started and have no good melodies on me right now (besides my MIDI collection but that's mostly remix material anyway). This request mostly reflects a vision I have for a fan-made level theme for KH3. Most my original compositions consist of 8 bar loops that can't really hold up a song by themselves but create good atmosphere.

Start simple. Just come up with some basic melody and try harmonizing that. Then see if it spawns any new ideas while you're doing that.
Abstract simply means putting something down. If you have the idea of a chair and you draw it on paper, you are abstracting the concept of a chair. What you're doing isn't abstract art but more like paper mache. If I was to give you an art comparison, it'd be like you cutting up pieces of Newman, Pollock, Kandinsky and randomly gluing them together. Also the aim of abstract art also isn't to create something of beauty but to reach the sublime. Big difference.
Last edited by GoldenGuitar at Mar 4, 2015,
This.

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
I know I used the wrong term (most people assume that's what abstract art means). I actually do know who Jackson Pollock is; he's an influential and critically acclaimed figure in action painting (an Avant Garde art style where the energetic action of the painting process is as important as the result), right. I still like to use the painting analogy because that's how I think of my remixing process. I know my style is unconventional and I should tone it down a little (I will once I get the right melody).

Also the melody I was asking for is simply one in a major key that evokes all four of the posted pieces. I mainly want this as a basis for ideas and to make my vision for this song/piece true. I'm trying to make a fan-made stage theme for Kingdom Hearts 3.

But why wouldn't you just write one???

Never mind, my Saturday guitar lessons are back and thus I can get these transcribed. Afterwards I can simply piece together the resulting licks like usual. Sorry about this whole thing. I've had 3 weeks worth of remixes waiting to be transcribed and it's been nearly 2 months since my last lesson (you could say I made this thread out of wild melody withdrawal). I've already found the right drum beat for the theme and will share the results when done.

But why wouldn't you just write one?

Like I said, I've got a vision for this song and want it to be just right. I decided to write a main lead myself and use the special melody (made from my own remixes) for the rhythm/second part. Here's the current lead (I know it's not great but it will suffice for now) that I wrote myself (I just decided to write the whole thing myself). I made it by using my dare with 20Tigers (it was to write a simple song by instructions and post the result) for the A section and a little melody that means a lot to me for the B section. The stage this song was meant for is Cable Town (the newly announced level for Kingdom Hearts 3).

Here's a typical stage theme from Kingdom Hearts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_tZnz6ES_M
Attachments:
Cable_Town_(lead).mid