Hi guys! First thread on here so forgive me for urgency.

I recently stumbled across a beautiful Gibson Flying V in heritage cherry, which I have wanted for a long long time. However i'm skeptical as to whether it is legitimate, as it is only being sold at £539 ($830). What would you guys think? All of the pictures look great and it seems to be in a great condition, but would you say it is an actual V or a very good fake?

Thanks guys!

- Zach
Some Flying V guitars were made for the faded series (as in no fancy cosmetic stuff and a satin finish) so it's not unusual for the guitars go for that price used. What's the problem? Is the price your only concern?

Do you know what year it is? Do you have pictures of it etc...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 4, 2015,
540 is a bit much for them. I've seen them go for 450-500 all the time.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Some Flying V guitars were made for the faded series (as in no fancy cosmetic stuff and a satin finish) so it's not unusual for the guitars go for that price used. What's the problem?

It says it is part of the faded series, and is a 2004 model. Here are a few picture of it from the listing (he said the tap on the know was modded so the action was a little higher):

[EDIT]: I had to crop the pictures down a little so I could upload them, sorry
Attachments:
$_57.JPG
$_57-4.JPG
Last edited by Zacintosh at Mar 4, 2015,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Some Flying V guitars were made for the faded series (as in no fancy cosmetic stuff and a satin finish) so it's not unusual for the guitars go for that price used. What's the problem? Is the price your only concern?

My main concern is that I am going to end up buying it and it will turn out to be a fake, which I doubt but it was brought to my attention by a few people. However, from what i've heard from you guys it seems to be legitimate, so I'll maybe get it. Thanks guys!
Looks legit. Although it would be bizarre to fake one with a Faded finish. Would make a lot more sense to fake the '68 variant.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Zacintosh
It says it is part of the faded series, and is a 2004 model. Here are a few picture of it from the listing (he said the tap on the know was modded so the action was a little higher):

[EDIT]: I had to crop the pictures down a little so I could upload them, sorry

Nobody can tell for sure if it is legit or not out of those pics