I'm considering getting one of these. if you've had any experience with one, please state what you liked and didn't like about it. thanks.
banned
I'm also planning on getting one and am interested in any opinions.
What I can say, judging from the specs and the demos I've seen, is that the tracking looks to be way superior to any existing 13-pin based system (Roland, Axon, etc.).
The designer is actually the same guy who designed the Axon devices. The working principle is the same, but the computing power of the FTP is a couple of orders of magnitude higher, making it way more accurate.
Biggest limitation I see for my applications is the lack of a MIDI out and the need for a computer (I prefer to work with hardware on stage).
There's an alternative to it, which requires a third party device to act as a host for the USB receiver of the FTP: either the Kenton USB Host or the iConnectMIDI4+.
With one of these boxes you get your MIDI out and can use any hardware sound module.
I know Fishman will soon release a floor board for the FTP. Not sure if it will have a MIDI out tho.
That's pretty much all the info I got so far.
Quote by soloistus
I'm also planning on getting one and am interested in any opinions.
What I can say, judging from the specs and the demos I've seen, is that the tracking looks to be way superior to any existing 13-pin based system (Roland, Axon, etc.).
The designer is actually the same guy who designed the Axon devices. The working principle is the same, but the computing power of the FTP is a couple of orders of magnitude higher, making it way more accurate.
Biggest limitation I see for my applications is the lack of a MIDI out and the need for a computer (I prefer to work with hardware on stage).
There's an alternative to it, which requires a third party device to act as a host for the USB receiver of the FTP: either the Kenton USB Host or the iConnectMIDI4+.
With one of these boxes you get your MIDI out and can use any hardware sound module.
I know Fishman will soon release a floor board for the FTP. Not sure if it will have a MIDI out tho.
That's pretty much all the info I got so far.

interesting. thanks for the info.
banned