Guitar: LTD PB 401
Guitar: Martin Ellipse
Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
Pedals: Pod HD500, Boss AC3

I'd like to know if I could get one by jus plugging straight guitar-> amp, and also a good one from guitar -> pod-> effects return of amp.
New amp.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
What sort of Power Metal are you into? Some of the older stuff like Helloween/Gamma Ray/Freedom Call

or newer stuff?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Mainly newer stuff. Though I'd like a versatile amp I could play jazz and country and stuff with too.
A boosted Marshall amp or sim via your pod with some mids left in is a great place to start for power metal. You want it crunchy more than a full on thick tone as theres a lot of sonic congestion in a power metal mix.

Your pod hd will have way better gain sounds than your bandit does. Maybe a power amp along with 2x12 cab and your pod I'm pretty sure you would be knocking out power metal tones easily.
new amp for sure not getting power metal out of a Bandit without a lot of help and even then far from ideal.

you need a fair amount of gain but more important is that you need your chords and notes to have clairty and balls at the same time. we would need a budget to really recommend an amp.

on the POD i'd go for one of the higher gain amp sims. i have an older POD so i'm more limited but i tend to use the Soldano or the Duel Rec amps for much of the high gain stuff. for my song Valley Of Gwangi i used the soldano (see link in my profile)
A HR Marshall tone is what you want.
JCM900 SL-X
JCM900 MkIII
JCM2000 DSL 50/100
Laney GH50/100
Laney AOR
Peavey VTM60/120
Peavey Ultra
Peavey XXX/JSX
Mesa Stiletto
Krank Chadwick
Krank 1980

These are all sub $1000 amps and some run as low as $250-$300
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've also seen a lot of Power Metal/Symphonic bands using Engl's too.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100