Page 1 of 2
I haven't had a chance to try one. The shop i go to most often doesn't have one in stock.

The stealth black with ebony board and trem interests me.

What are the thoughts on these? Anyone had the occasion to try one?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
No personal experience but Tom1.0 bought one of the stealth models. He didn't like it and ended up selling it IIRC. Maybe he can chime in.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm a bit confused as to what you actually get. Adverts from stores seems to be thrive in the confusion and make it look like you're getting a SUPERDEAL when it's actually a different model and MSRP than before. The first ones were MIJ (probably Chushin) and came with a nice looking case. The current Special appears to be MIM, and doesn't include a case. There's also a Standard that is made in Indonesia.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
^ yeah i believe these are made in mexico now.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No personal experience but Tom1.0 bought one of the stealth models. He didn't like it and ended up selling it IIRC. Maybe he can chime in.

yeah i think he had the hard tail. wasn't it white?
I literally just traded in a Wolfgang this morning. It's a maple fretboard, however. I'll let you know what I think.

EDIT: It's a maple fretoboard, though. Fun D-tuna on it, never got to play with one of those.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
^^ every time I've played one of those it's never "felt" like a strat...even though it should be a strat...idk

I tried the special before. It felt like a good solid guitar but I couldn't get in to it personally. It wasn't screaming "buy me" but it wasn't saying "put me back on the wall" either.
I grew up playing a modded Squier Bullet Anniversary edition (that silver single pickup one they made), it feels like a much higher quality version of that to me.

It's a personal preference thing. I switched to RG's and LP's and finally settled on Fernandes.
Cry yourself to ash
You probably know already, but if not, be aware that you can't bend up with that Floyd.
played a couple not to long ago and really liked them. the D-Tuna is cool and ebony fretboards are becoming a fav of mine (since getting my BCR with one). always liked the Wolfgang regarless of maker.
I can't get past the ugly headstock, that to me, looks like a carp with its gaping mouth open, although it might come in handy for opening beer bottles!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Mar 5, 2015,
fantastic guitars. you pay for em. but they are good. a music man may be able to offer similar performance for less....but the EVH may be a bit more "refined" than a music man? like an axis? i think the axis is like "lets create the best TOOL on the market" and the EVH is like "lets take the music man goodness and put it in a barrel and age that bourbon a little more".
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I know that EVH (the person) is very demanding about the equipment that he puts his name on, but for the most part EVH (the company) seems really gimmicky to me. With everything they make it seems like you can get comparable equipment from Peavey or Jackson or Charvel or Music Man for like 15-25% less.

In my opinion, having only played a Striped Series and a 5150 III in a store, EVH is a "buy it used" brand, like Marshall.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
i have a pair of USA Peavey wolfgangs. you can find them for a lot less. i actually prefer them to the EVH (fender owned) wolfgangs.

the peaveys are just slick, however, the EBMM ones are a little nicer. i would love to get one of those.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Alright, so; the neck has a little more chunk to it than I really imagined it would, but it still has a very strat-y feeling to it. The pickups are okay, I'd want something else less compressed, but if you're doing high gain all the time, I'm sure they're probably more than fine.

The trem is solid, but the D-tuna doesn't seem to work as advertised.

The fretboard edges were rolled, although I played a cap maple instead of the ebony you're looking at with the Stealth. It's definitely a try-before-you-buy. It could be the best guitar in someone's collection, or it could just sit around.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
^ I think you have to set up the d-tuna for it to work properly. don't quote me on that, though.

Quote by trashedlostfdup

the peaveys are just slick, however, the EBMM ones are a little nicer. i would love to get one of those.

just get an axis? or did they change too much when EVH left?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ I think you have to set up the d-tuna for it to work properly. don't quote me on that, though.

just get an axis? or did they change too much when EVH left?

the d-tunas are just a pain in the ass. i would probably go for the axis over the EVH EBMM.

peavey did it well though. i am very happy with mine.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
If you're going down this road id recommend an EBMM Axis or Axis Super Sport (depending on if you want a trem or hardtail) instead of the Wolfgangs. I've found them superior in almost every way.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
thank you for all the input guys. jake, dave, danny, everyone!

Quote by Acϵ♠
If you're going down this road id recommend an EBMM Axis or Axis Super Sport (depending on if you want a trem or hardtail) instead of the Wolfgangs. I've found them superior in almost every way.

can't find an ebony board option there.

i've heard the EBMM WG's were the nicest up until the current USA line by fender. i've played the USA line guitar (1) and it was really nice.

the price point on the special is $999. i can probably get another 20% off of that in store with my charm, striking good looks, and purchase history. a dude has one on reverb for $800 but that's what i can get new. there's a couple on GC used for slightly less (-$40?) but for that i'd rather just own it new and have the warranty to fall back on if needed.

i'm not likely to go buy one any time soon, just sort of trying to decide if i want one more than anything.
Get a Peavey Wolfgang, IMO a much better guitar than the new EVH imports and the USA line (from my limited experience)

I have heard the EBMM wolfgangs had issues with the quality of the tops on them. Not that they were bad guitars at all, just the quality of the flame/quilt was not up to EVH's standards and they just couldn't get it right in his eye. So he went to Fender and started the EVH brand.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by trashedlostfdup
the d-tunas are just a pain in the ass. i would probably go for the axis over the EVH EBMM.

peavey did it well though. i am very happy with mine.

i took mine off my kramer since i wanted up-pull.

now i kind of want to try it again. but i can't remember where i put it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i took mine off my kramer since i wanted up-pull.

now i kind of want to try it again. but i can't remember where i put it.

I took it off and i know where it is, but I lost the grub screw
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by gregs1020
thank you for all the input guys. jake, dave, danny, everyone!

can't find an ebony board option there.

i've heard the EBMM WG's were the nicest up until the current USA line by fender. i've played the USA line guitar (1) and it was really nice.

the price point on the special is $999. i can probably get another 20% off of that in store with my charm, striking good looks, and purchase history. a dude has one on reverb for $800 but that's what i can get new. there's a couple on GC used for slightly less (-$40?) but for that i'd rather just own it new and have the warranty to fall back on if needed.

i'm not likely to go buy one any time soon, just sort of trying to decide if i want one more than anything.

Is the ebony board an absolute necessity? If so, why?

Don't get me wrong they're my favourite boards but when you play an Axis suddenly requirements like that go out the window lol.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I took it off and i know where it is, but I lost the grub screw

lol

i thought i knew where mine was but when i went to look there it wasn't there. maybe i just didn't look hard enough. I hope.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The MIJ ones are really nice guitars.

Great necks and fret work, mad considering the price that they were proper SS frets too. The profile is pretty small, almost the same as the Charvel necks, especially with the very slightly rolled edges and vintage style fret wires.

Solid hard ware, especially the hard tail with the fine tuners. The pick ups are solid and the pots with the different resistance are cool.

Just dont get it in white! It's a horrible vintage cream colour, like epiphones worst attempt at a faded RR Les Paul

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i don't know what my hang up is with ebony i just like it.

it is a bummer that they stopped using SS frets, was just reading that.

sweetwater has a bump and dent USA model at $2k, that's tempting but violates my better wishes for my current finances.
Hunt around,

I bet you could find a NOS one.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ They were selling NOS MIJ ones in the UK until pretty recently.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know, I bought one

the bastard thing is now on eBay....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
my interest has greatly subsided now that i found out the ebony board MIM models don't have SS frets.

if i find one in a store i'd play it but i'm not gassing for one as hard now.
Quote by JustRooster
Alright, so; the neck has a little more chunk to it than I really imagined it would, but it still has a very strat-y feeling to it. The pickups are okay, I'd want something else less compressed, but if you're doing high gain all the time, I'm sure they're probably more than fine.

The trem is solid, but the D-tuna doesn't seem to work as advertised.

The fretboard edges were rolled, although I played a cap maple instead of the ebony you're looking at with the Stealth. It's definitely a try-before-you-buy. It could be the best guitar in someone's collection, or it could just sit around.

Yeah I tried the same model as you. I agree with what you've said. I'd considering buying one if I wanted a floyd guitar.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
my friend has one, I liked it for some stuff, but it wasn't set up as I like, felt awkward to me being used to a prestige. I honestly can say I prefer my guitar by quite a bit, even if it is less expensive and nice looking
I have played one. They're a quality guitar for sure, but I don't like the small frets.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I really love the feel of the necks on Eddie's guitars. Set up well they usually play like a dream and sound pretty kick ass too. I like the little pull drop D tuner thing too. The small headstock makes the body hang well too… This thread is making me want one!

Quote by Tom 1.0
I know, I bought one

aw i was quite close at one point but i chickened out and got an MIJ charvel since I knew what they were like.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This is the same quality (if not a nicer neck..) but I just hate the cream.

It doesn't look like you expect.

Still, awesome guitar though.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I know, I bought one

Tempting...
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Tom 1.0
This is the same quality (if not a nicer neck..) but I just hate the cream.

It doesn't look like you expect.

Still, awesome guitar though.

Heathen
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 2