What are your thoughts on the new mini heads peaveys putting out?

The 6505+ looks interesting, with the power scaling, DI's and all.
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Last edited by boblittle at Mar 5, 2015,
The 6505+ looks cool
The classic 20 is pointless when you have a classic 30 head
Not a fan of the VK20
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Good that they finally listened to the consumers. One of the big problems with any 5150/6505 amp is that the thing with blow the walls off your house with the volume at 2-3.

I find it a bit strange though they went with EL84s and not 6V6s like most American-style low wattage amps have.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Good that they finally listened to the consumers. One of the big problems with any 5150/6505 amp is that the thing with blow the walls off your house with the volume at 2-3.

I find it a bit strange though they went with EL84s and not 6V6s like most American-style low wattage amps have.

Just because it is low wattage doesn't mean it will be any better at low volumes

But the fact it is smaller and more portable will help it sell. What is the street price on these?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
$599 for the 6505
$499 for the others.
Godin 5th Avenue
--
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
thats CAD btw, so probably less USD
Godin 5th Avenue
--
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
It's cool but I could get a VK 100 watter used for the same price. Same goes for the classic one.

The 6505 is really the only one I'd consider but even still...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quite like the look of the 6505 mini myself.

Really like EL84 tubes atm.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Has anyone seen these in stores yet?
Godin 5th Avenue
--
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
Last edited by boblittle at Mar 5, 2015,
Quote by boblittle
What are your thoughts on the new mini heads peaveys putting out?
I am sooo damn tired of people making small amps just for the sake of marketing.

They put EL84's in a 6505 ffs that's just wrong.

The classic 20 might be good tho, still depending on how much of a classic they fit into that tiny box.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by boblittle
Has anyone seen these in stores yet?

My bet is it won't be for another couple of months...even then they'll probably be spread out to every other GC or the like.
I am planning to pick up a mini 6505 for rehearsals to be honest, just for a different flavour to my small heads already. I'm liking the idea of a 6505 in a smaller box, but it might not be as good as the idea of it.

(I suffer bad backs and I've just had major surgery so I can't physically lift bigger heads. I'd use them if I could!)
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I am planning to pick up a mini 6505 for rehearsals to be honest, just for a different flavour to my small heads already. I'm liking the idea of a 6505 in a smaller box, but it might not be as good as the idea of it.

(I suffer bad backs and I've just had major surgery so I can't physically lift bigger heads. I'd use them if I could!)

You should get a 5150 III mini or a Krank K-stein Jr.

You should check these guys out also http://revolutionamps.com/index.php/20-watt-guitar-heads

Basically modified Krank circuits
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Just because it is low wattage doesn't mean it will be any better at low volumes

+1

and a 20 watter will pretty much blow the walls off your house at 2-3 as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the cleans on the 6505MH sound a lot better than the standard 6505 from demos. So if the lead channel is half as good as its big brothers, then it's going to be one of the best amps in the price range for people looking who play more than metal. The small size makes it even more appealing. Mesa is the only big company making small amps that do high gain AND clean well as well as everything in-between. But those cost twice as much as the Peaveys.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Mar 5, 2015,
Quote by JELIFISH19
I think the cleans on the 6505MH sound a lot better than the standard 6505 from demos. So if the lead channel is half as good as its big brothers, then it's going to be one of the best amps in the price range for people looking who play more than metal. The small size makes it even more appealing. Mesa is the only big company making small amps that do high gain AND clean well as well as everything in-between. But those cost twice as much as the Peaveys.

Revolution amps (ex-Krank) has a full line of 20 watt heads and 2 of them have good cleans and do hi-gain well.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

and a 20 watter will pretty much blow the walls off your house at 2-3 as well.

THe 6505MH goes down to .1 of a watt though so it's should work as a bedroom amp
Godin 5th Avenue
--
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
My 6505+ 112 (converted into a head) runs at 60 watts, and powering my 412, still works well at bedroom volumes. This small wattage trend is a gimmick, on high-gain amps at least. They get their tone from the preamp.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by Robbgnarly
You should get a 5150 III mini or a Krank K-stein Jr.

You should check these guys out also http://revolutionamps.com/index.php/20-watt-guitar-heads

Basically modified Krank circuits

5153 is more expensive and Krank stuff is hard to find in the UK. Whenever I've seen one on ebay they're not willing to post, otherwise I'd have one
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by boblittle
THe 6505MH goes down to .1 of a watt though so it's should work as a bedroom amp
Sounds like a gimmick to me.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by boblittle
It's not like less powerful amps sound better than more powerful amps at low volumes y know, and if you're getting a 6505 you're most likely not getting it for power tube distortion anyway.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
It's not like less powerful amps sound better than more powerful amps at low volumes y know, and if you're getting a 6505 you're most likely not getting it for power tube distortion anyway.

Yep. And I pity the fool who actually gets power tube distortion on a 6505, because I could never get it even with the volume on 8 (man, that was painful). They are designed to stay clean in the power section.

Furthermore, I'm not so sure anything sounds truly 'excellent' at low volumes anyway. Part of what makes any amp start to sound good is its interaction with the speakers. Case in point, I find that my Vypyr doesn't really sound any better than my 6505+ at low volumes. At extremely low volumes, it does, but once I turn it up to TV volumes the 6505+ starts to sound better. And they both sound A LOT better when turned up to around "coffee shop gig" volumes and beyond. Because at that point, the speakers are starting to add their color and characteristics to the sound, and the frequency spectrum becomes more full.

But I digress. I'm actually hoping to try the Classic 20, because on that kind of amp, it might be nice to turn down the wattage and get some power tube breakup without shattering the windows.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Mar 6, 2015,
Quote by boblittle

does it sound good at that setting, though?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?