surprisingly there is very little info on this subject. What i wanna do is record my 2x12 with a texas heat and a swamp thang in it with two mics because i want both speakers to be heard. the mics i have for this job are sm57s, two of them. obviously i have to worry about phase cancellation and the such, but is there anything else i'd have to worry about? just wondering, i dont think anybody does this as there is very little info on it.
Can't see why that wouldn't work. Pan 'em hard and it'll probably sound killer.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by jwwoodmancy
obviously i have to worry about phase cancellation and the such
Not even if you put the mics at the same distance from the speakers.
Quote by jwwoodmancy
but is there anything else i'd have to worry about?
Nnoope.
Quote by jwwoodmancy
i dont think anybody does this
There's quite some people who do this actually.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Alright, I'll give it a shot! Looking forward to seeing what sound so can get. Been wanting to Use my 2x12 more often, the things sounds great. Can't really gig with it though cus my band mates have a 6x10 bass cab and then the other guitarist has a 4x12 so I gotta use my jcm900 4x12 to keep up. But I'll get some use out of it now
This is very normal thing to do, actually, especially if you have two different speakers and you want to blend their tones. Plus, if you have any other mics available, you can try different combinations and find which microphones compliment each speaker the best. Even with just the 57's, you can try positioning the mics differently on each speaker for more variation, like one straight and close to the center and the other angled. Miking speaker cabinets can get creative.