hello!

I am looking to buy an audio interface, so that I won't have to buy a much more expensive amp, as well as due to my limited space

I want to play death/black metal

I want zero latency

I want many effects

what else should I want? what else should I look for in an interface?

do you have any to suggest me?

which has the most effects? I am interested mainly in distorted effects, metal effects

is this good? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0023BYDHK/

thanks!
Last edited by guitaror at Mar 5, 2015,
You need to go to the Recordings forum & read the stickies. All your questions are answered there.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yes TS, do that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
by the way, I don't want to always record, I want to practice guitar, compose music, isn't that okay with an audio interface without amp?
There is no "best interface" for a genre.

Grab a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and call it a day.

EDIT:

Actually, OP, what I might suggest instead is getting something like a Line 6 Pod HD500 and just using that for your tone. It has an interface built in.

The one you picked out is a piece of complete shit. Avoid.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 5, 2015,
Quote by vocoderboy
seen this so many times i'm no longer disappointed, guy wants everything for the price of nothing.

27 GBP is the price of nothing for you?
^ in this field, yes.

Also that interface won't work, it has no instrument input.
Like, no 1/4" jack to plug a guitar cable into.

Read the introduction to recording sticky in the recording forum.

You don't have to read it all, you can skip the interfaces suggestions after the first two, though read the rest or you'll keep not having a clue what to ask and what you're asking.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by guitaror
27 GBP is the price of nothing for you?

Your original post describes a need for high spec equipment, yet you're looking at a cheap piece of crap.

That is the point he was making.

Now go read the stickies and buy some proper equipment.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
you misunderstood I think

I don't need professional audiophile or whatever stuff that are for gigs and I will make 20% usage of their features

after thinking of it, I would be fine with software effects, so no need the interface to have loads of effects

I want the cheapest good option

I read for UCA222 on amazon all people are satisfied, what is the exact problem then?
Quote by guitaror

I don't need professional audiophile or whatever stuff that are for gigs and I will make 20% usage of their features

after thinking of it, I would be fine with software effects, so no need the interface to have loads of effects

I read for UCA222 on amazon all people are satisfied, what is the exact problem then?

I'd never buy anything from Behringer, would most likely break down as soon as it's out the box, listen to these people and buy a Focusrite Scarlett interface, if price in an option get either the 2i2 or the Solo, trust me, it's far better than the Behringer
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
what's the difference between 2i4, 2i2 and solo?
don't tell me to refer to the manuals, I won't understand a thing
Quote by guitaror

Then buy it.

You obviously aren't prepared to listen to the advice given here, so trust your own judgement.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by guitaror
what's the difference between 2i4, 2i2 and solo?
The solo has less inputs, the 2i4 has a pad.

They all sound fairly bad if ya ask me.
Quote by guitaror
don't tell me to refer to the manuals, I won't understand a thing
You know what you should do?

Read the introduction to recording sticky in the recording section!

There's a whole paragraph on how to interpret specs on manuals.
Also there's the answer to a lot of questions of yours.

I get that you want to be told that there's something that is plain better than the other stuff and is also extremely simple to use, but that approach won't bring you far.

Learn stuff, then ask stuff, then buy stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola