anyone excited about muse's new album "drones"? if you want teasers and samples of their new stuff check out their instagram. they said they're focusing more on traditional rock influences. What are you thoughts on that since their most popular song was madness, a more synth-pop type song? do you think that this decision will disappoint any new fans? just thoughts in general?
Last edited by MisterMcDerp at Mar 5, 2015,
im really excited about it. from the teasers it looks like its gonna be a sick hard rock album. i think it may be one of the best albums of the 2010s actually im pretty hyped
Did you not see the massive muse thread here or something
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
Did you not see the massive muse thread here or something

who cares lol
Quote by jdenmo
who cares lol

you've got nerve mother****er.

coming in here and disrespecting steve_muse, myself, and the myoos thread.

let me tell you something

don't you dare insult the legendary myoos thread. especially when you're on OUR TURF. you got me mother****er? 'cause let me tell ya, you don't wanna know what's gonna happen to you if I ever hear you say stupid shit like that again. I'll have you know that I graduated top of my class in the KGB. You forget where you are huh punk? This is ultimate guitar dot com. Once captured you never escape, and let me tell we'll make your life a living hell. I have over 300 kills under my belt, and I swear on my mum's life if you ever disrespect my people like that again, I'll wipe you clean off the Earth, mark my ****ing words. I've got friends- connections if you will- from the mean streets of Glasgow to Australia. No matter where you go, we will find you. I prefer to do it myself though. I am trained to kill in over 700 different ways. You want to know my preferred method? Let me tell you. If you speak to steve_muse or any of my people like that again, here's what's going to happen. I'll knock you clean out. CLEAN OUT. You hear me? But that's the least of your worries. Once you wake up, you will be in our prison cell. You'll be hanging upside down on the wall with a blinding light in your face. At this point, we'll splash your face with a bucket of ice cold water to make sure you are fully alert. You will notice across the room that there will be a bearded man with an unsettling smirk on his face. This will be my close associate, crazysam_atax23. I will come into the room with a pistol in my hand and place it right up against your head. But I won't shoot. Not yet. First you'll have to listen to a two hour monologue by crazysam about the joys of eating ass. Oh boy will you wish you were dead then. Every time you try to doze off, we'll keep splashing your face. Fortunately I will take the proper precautions to ensure I cannot hear it. When he is done, you will let out a sigh of relief. But we're just toying with you. Following that, another close associate of mine, axelfox, will enter the room with his dragon shaped dildo. No, no. It's not what you think. He'll begin playing an endless loop of furry videos while performing some Manowar songs on his bc rich at top volume for you. Oh man, you'll be begging for me to shoot you. "please shoot me mister! please!" But I will not shoot. You'll be sobbing relentlessly. Finally I'll pull the trigger... only for you to realise it was never loaded to begin with! Then, I will leave the room, and you will be doomed to watch endless furry videos until your last breath, all while you sob, crying out for ur mum to come save you.

I'll consider give you the day off, but don't ever insult us like that again. got it?
^ chilling, but true

Quote by jdenmo
who cares lol

I wasn't gunna be mean, but 'hard rock' is terrible and 'best of 2010s?' lol fanboy alert
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
^ chilling, but true

I wasn't gunna be mean, but 'hard rock' is terrible and 'best of 2010s?' lol fanboy alert

yeah I highly doubt this will be one of the best of the 2010s, personally. Origin of Symmetry as one of the best of the 2000s, maybe.

damn there's already more muse discussion in here than there ever was in the actual myoos thread.

Quote by MisterMcDerp
dear god what did i do

let me help you out. you're in the wild west out here. this ain't the pit. we've been abandoned; forsaken by the UG mods. all the comforts of civilisation you find in the pit have been absent from this place for years. this is the future. complete anarchy. as such we've had to take matters into our own hands. we run this place as a collective. are you in or are you out? 'cause you don't want to end up like you're friend jdenmo.

don't be scared though, we are a hospitable people, and will not infringe on your basic rights, and will always offer an exit for those unable to survive in these conditions. just don't cross me.

I did not intend for this but if you think about the merge was less of a merge and more modern rawk annexing other forums. we've expanded our territory in this sort of dead void. >_>

please come back indie people. ;_;
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Mar 6, 2015,
Quote by slipknot5678
let me help you out. you're in the wild west out here. this ain't the pit. we've been abandoned; forsaken by the UG mods. all the comforts of civilisation you find in the pit have been absent from this place for years. this is the future. complete anarchy. as such we've had to take matters into our own hands. we run this place as a collective. are you in or are you out? 'cause you don't want to end up like you're friend jdenmo.

Yeah the pit is like a nursery compared to this god mod forsaken place
Last edited by mind_meld at Mar 7, 2015,
Quote by steve_muse
^ chilling, but true

there going back to there roots, which is alternative/hard rock (origin of symmetry) for example.

not going to argue about genre but muse is great, and who exactly is better than them in the 2010s if this album is good. There last couple were shite, but this one is seemingly going to be really rock-oriented. As far as other bands they have no competition. Theres Royal Blood, Tame Impala, and thats about it for good alternative rock these days
^if Royal Blood and Tame Impala are as far as you go for bands that make guitar music, then your horizon is very limited indeed. Royal Blood are the most generic shit ever for a start, there's nothing alternative about them either.

The 'back to their roots' thing sounds good and romantic in theory, but if all they produce is more 'rawk' (and what I mean by this is the overproduced tame shit like Unnatural Selection), then it'll blow. If they actually inject some kinda raw energy which isn't totally goofy then it might be something. But Muse, as much I hate to admit it, are hardly the most 'alternative' act going about these days, and big riffs and hard rock stuff will be just as dull if not more than Madness-soaked pop.

(Madness is gr8 tho )
Quote by ErikLensherr

I actually think myoos just doing straight up rock wouldn't be that good.

Even on Showbiz there's other elements to it, and their best work (everything up until BHAR except the meh half of Absolution) was really alt rock and pop rock with all this other shit added in a tasteful way. Their music wasn't really primarily about rock riffs, but when they did go that route they did a really good job at it. It was perfection when done in small doses. An entire album of them just kind of trying to emulate that would not be good imo.
^yes, it would be dull as fuk. That's why I'd really like them to do something properly experimental, or just keep that odd element mixed in, cos otherwise they're just gonna repeat themselves
Quote by ErikLensherr