I'm looking at some Ibanez 8 strings, and some esp guitars. I can already play some metal with mah 6 string, but she edit I wanna play heavy metal so yeah gimme some suggestions :P
Are you sure you want an 8 string? They offer a vastly wider range than a 6 string, but its pointless to have one if you're not going to use that wider range on a regular basis.

That and 8 string guitars get very muddy-sounding with conventional amps. Most guitarist's amplifiers and speaker cabinets are not designed to reproduce frequencies that low.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 6, 2015,
I've heard Schecter Omen 8s are pretty decent and decent on your bank account
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
My humble opinion would be to by a used decent low end price 8 first to see how you like it. I have pondered 7 strings myself and would probably take that route.
Take a look at Agile and Jackson.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Only 8? What a piker.

You know that Agile also has 9 and 10-strings, right?

How about an Agile fan-fret 8-string?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

That and 8 string guitars get very muddy-sounding with conventional amps. Most guitarist's amplifiers and speaker cabinets are not designed to reproduce frequencies that low.

There's this, too.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Are you sure you want an 8 string? They offer a vastly wider range than a 6 string, but its pointless to have one if you're not going to use that wider range on a regular basis.

I went to guitar center a few times and played the hell out Deftones's eight string songs and Korn's seven strings, so it's all good. I have a 1960 Marshall cab with a pretty good preamp.
Quote by dspellman
Only 8? What a piker.

You know that Agile also has 9 and 10-strings, right?

How about an Agile fan-fret 8-string?

10 strings seems a little over the top lol, it makes the bass seem like a baby
I'm not to fond of the wood finish but it probably feels nice
Quote by forbiddenmist.o
I went to guitar center a few times and played the hell out Deftones's eight string songs and Korn's seven strings, so it's all good. I have a 1960 Marshall cab with a pretty good preamp.

A Marshall 1960 pretty much disappears below about 100Hz (the fundamental for a low E on a six-string is at 82 Hz), and the old joke is that the louder a Marshall gets, the more the bottom end goes away. He's right; what you're actually hearing are just much higher harmonics.
Quote by forbiddenmist.o

Those are the kinds of speaker cabinets that don't work very well reproducing super-low frequencies.

There's a reason why many bands that use ERG's these days use modelling amplifiers and bass cabinets. Its because that sort of set up can be designed to handle the extra bottom end yet still sound like a guitar.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 6, 2015,
Heck, if you want it for metal, get this 8 string V - http://www.rondomusic.com/hornetpro827ebcpblk.html
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by Wormholes
If you're in the US just get one of the low end agiles. QC seems to be hit or miss. You're guitar might be flawless or it may have serious problems but the owner seems to be cool and you can return it multiple times.

I think the same thing, phrased exactly like that, could be said about Gibsons and Fenders these days. Problems with Agiles are rarities (or the guy wouldn't be in business) and, as you mention, his customer service in terms of return policy, has been stellar. Guitars returned with even very minor issues are almost always put up at a healthy discount as B stocks. There are never very many of those (some would say, "unfortunately"), and when they DO show up on the site, they generally last just a few minutes (if that). I have one B stock AL-2000 Floyd (finish issues) that was up on the site perhaps three minutes before I snagged it. It's been a very strong player ever since.

Generally the reaction, when folks open an Agile box, is something like, "Whoa! I paid WHAT for that?" That's how they've made their reputation.