hey. I used to be really into playing and I loved metal. well I still do but I don't really have the time or energy to play anymore. Things have gone awry at home and im trying to accumulate as much money as I can to get me a head start in getting away from here and all the shitty situations i find myself in here.

I've been sitting on a 6505 (not +) head and recto 4x12 cab for like 2 years without playing it. no mods except I took off the faceplate and it's just the grill with the smaller logo plates screwed on and you can see in at the tubes. I know I could just take it on over to GC and get a quick fix, but they'll screw me.

What do you think I could get out of it if I put it on craigslist, ebay, whatever? should I sell the head and cab separately or could I get more for it as a unit?

any advice would be cool
1997 Ibanez RG550 w/ EMG 81 bridge - C standard
PEAVEY 6505
Mesa Rectifier slant 4x12
Well, sold listings (not active ones, mind you. These listings were completed and sold) on the bay point to about 300 to 600 for the + version used. I don't know what that means for your not + one, I didn't see many solds for that one. The combo version is topping out at $300.
You may be looking at $300 or less for the head.
As far as the cab? Looks like around $300 with the same method. I don't know the specifics of yours, but it looks like maybe $600 for the stack if you're lucky.
I would probably try craigslist first, because you would probably have to ship it on ebay, and I don't know what that would cost.
If you post it on craigslist, bump your offer to at least $100 or $150 more than you really want. People will always try to talk you down.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I'd say list them on craigslist, split them up because more times than naught someone will only be looking for one or the other, and not both. It's not going to be worth it on ebay, the shipping on the cab would cost almost a quarter of what it's worth and no one is going to want to pay that unless you are selling it CHEAP.

The 6505 I'd say expect $450-$550
The Mesa 4X12- depending on condition I usually see them go for $450ish

Of course this also depends on your location. They could go for more if they are scarce around you.

I base this on ads I've seen and off of my buddy selling his 6505 and me selling my 5150. Had them listed for more but always comes down to $450-$550 because they are so common.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Last edited by RCA1186 at Mar 6, 2015,
How to get the most for my 6505 head and mesa cab?

My friend leaned over the computer, looked at the screen and said, instantly (I wonder about him sometimes), "Bury them in the back yard, kick in the back door and tell the insurance company they were stolen."

I, of course, would NEVER advocate such a thing, since it's insurance fraud, illegal and all that.
Besides, there'd be the deductible, depreciation and the back door to fix.
I'd think you could get a grand out of the setup with medium patience, 800 if you are wanting to move it quick.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
yep $500-$600 for the head and $450-$500 for the cab if it is in decent shape
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dementiacaptain
I'd think you could get a grand out of the setup with medium patience, 800 if you are wanting to move it quick.

I would agree with the other suggestion to put them separately but if you really want to move it quick putting them together at a really good price could also be good depneding on your situation. That's how I ended up with my orange 2x12, I was only looking for an AC30 but the guy was selling both and it was a really good deal.

If you aren't in a huge rush just list each separately and throw in a line a bottom saying "also selling 'x' for $" and then if no one bites on either after a couple weeks, add in "$100 less if you want both"
I have a huge fear if rays.
yeah im in no rush so I'll probably do them separately. Here's a random tidbit, one time I took off the little "6505"plate and brought it to a show and got it signed by Brian Eschbach from tbdm, any change in value?
1997 Ibanez RG550 w/ EMG 81 bridge - C standard
PEAVEY 6505
Mesa Rectifier slant 4x12
Not really, signed gear isn't really all that much more valuable, unless it's a HUGE artist, and even then I could only see it adding an extra 20 bucks or something. A 6505 isn't really "collectible" so it being signed isn't worth anything.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by BoneAndDream
yeah im in no rush so I'll probably do them separately. Here's a random tidbit, one time I took off the little "6505"plate and brought it to a show and got it signed by Brian Eschbach from tbdm, any change in value?

No change in value, unless it is something the masses wan't
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate