Page 1 of 4
Let's get this started because it's nice to have threads like these and those Electric Guitar ingrates have had one for years

I'll start it off, here's my Edwinson

And my Washburn F52SWCE

And Alvarez MC90

My God, it's full of stars!
My BC Rich Bronze Warlock has a crushing acoustic TOAN!
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Better still, I have a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plBRX8Q5s8s

You can tell it isn't being played with an amp because you can hear the pick attack.

Dem shimmering high end articulationz tho
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 6, 2015,
My Seagull. I hope I did this correctly

(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
Which Lowden is that, Jimjam?

I'd love to get my hands on their Bensusan model
Quick question. Shouldn't this have been made a sticky, right up front?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 8, 2015,
Quote by Dreadnought
Which Lowden is that, Jimjam?

I'd love to get my hands on their Bensusan model

O32C (Rosewood back and sides, Sitka spruce top), with LR Baggs Anthem. The Bensusan model is absolutely gorgeous, but I'd end up selling half my internal organs just to afford one Not to mention, there are literally 2 dealers in all of Australia who sell Lowdens, so my choices aren't very expansive
Quote by Captaincranky
Quick question. Shouldn't this have been made a sticky, right up front?

I thought about it, wanted to get some responses first. The last thread I made a sticky had absolutely zero responses and interest

Of the gear I own, my Guild M-20 is the thing that really deserves to be photographed. To the best of my knowledge 50 years old this year, seen here through a garbage iPod camera with excessive daylight reflecting on the headstock and part of a vacuum cleaner in the shot.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by polyal
the edwinson looks amazing whats it worth

A lot
Quote by Dreadnought
I thought about it, wanted to get some responses first. The last thread I made a sticky had absolutely zero responses and interest

That's untrue, Mr True Facts. I posted in it. You just didn't like my posts.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by polyal
the edwinson looks amazing whats it worth

I agree 1000%

Thought I'd wander out of my comfort zone in electric and snoop around. This here's my baby chillin' on the couch at my old house.

Quote by Dreadnought
I didn't remember, you are correct

I forgot how good Don and Tex did Clinch Mountain Backstep until I looked at that thread again. That was a very good post and you should feel bad for not liking it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
My current line up.....

Hopefully soon to add a Takamine 12 string to the mix.
This is my LAG T60ACE that I bought in Australia, had to sell it because it would have cost more to ship back to the UK than to buy a new one! Still miss it, but I now have a beautiful Richwood.

Last edited by Quavers at Mar 13, 2015,
^ That LAG is very pretty.

I've never played one. What does it compare to?

Quote by Hydra26
I agree 1000%

Thought I'd wander out of my comfort zone in electric and snoop around. This here's my baby chillin' on the couch at my old house.

So I can tell that's a Gibson, but what is it?
Quote by Quavers
This is my LAG T60ACE that I bought in Australia, had to sell it because it would have cost more to ship back to the UK than to buy a new one! Still miss it, but I now have a beautiful Richwood.

I played one of those when I did work experience in a music shop; was probably the only nice guitar there, and a gorgeous one too.

To keep up appearances, here's a very poor picture of a '30s-ish acoustic I was given last year, currently strung with nylon and in relative disrepair, but a nice enough thing nonetheless.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Dreadnought
^ That LAG is very pretty.

I've never played one. What does it compare to?

So I can tell that's a Gibson, but what is it?

It's a Dove. 25.5" scale, flame maple back and sides, LR Baggs Element. Definitely not the prettiest piece of lumber I've seen on this thread but it suits me. It's like a hummingbird but a bit less boomy, a little brighter and more even tempered although that has a corresponding effect on the low-end.
Quote by derek8520
My Seagull. I hope I did this correctly

(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

Very nice Guitar. I own a S6 Slim. Love it.
Quote by Hydra26
It's a Dove. 25.5" scale, flame maple back and sides, LR Baggs Element. Definitely not the prettiest piece of lumber I've seen on this thread but it suits me. It's like a hummingbird but a bit less boomy, a little brighter and more even tempered although that has a corresponding effect on the low-end.
It's gorgeous, almost majestic. Especially when you compare it to the "trailer trash", loud, where's my sunglasses, cherry sunburst incarnations of the same guitar.

I have to say I still like the Hummingbird and the Dove in CSB, in spite of it, not because of it.
Hello, nothing major but this was my first time doing any sort of "woodwork" on a guitar, my Yamaha FD01S. Was super nervous about it but followed instructions from everywhere I've researched and I think it came out well.

EDIT: Didn't even state what I was modifying. Strap Button Installation!!!

How: I put a small pilot dent in the heel where I wanted the button, so the drill wouldn't slip. Got the appropriate sized drill-bit, marked how deep it should go by drawing on the drill-bit with a marker, then just drilled in to the mark trying to keep drill at right angle. After that was done i just put the button over the hole and screwed the screw into the pilot hole nice and snug. Didn't look like a 100% perfect angle but it looked good once done. Pretty standard procedure, yes.

Here's the before.

And here's the after.

And with the strap on.

Didn't insert images because they came out like 20x bigger than the computer screen.

Would love critique on the positioning and technique!
"I think it's so cool that you can pick up the guitar and create something that didn't exist 5 minutes ago."
Last edited by codyrex97 at Mar 28, 2015,
This is my antique Kay Truetone archtop. It was my father's guitar back in the mid 1950's . Also have a couple of other's, Takamine ef590mr , and a beater Yamaha for those campsite get togethers.
Attachments:
Archtop Truetone by Kay.jpg
My new Epiphone Dove Pro (no idea how big these pics will be, so I spoiler'd them)

... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
(Invalid img)

Noticed a distinct lack of decent nylon string guitars. This is my 2010 Scott. Spent an entire student loan on it. She don't look like much, but she's got it where it counts.
UG Official night crew member #3
Quote by whatson
(Invalid img)

Noticed a distinct lack of decent nylon string guitars. This is my 2010 Scott. Spent an entire student loan on it. She don't look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Nice, but not cheap eh? Are you planning on making a career of classical music? Spending the whole of your student loan on it seems a bit reckless to me otherwise. Price and tonal quality seem much more strongly related in nylon string guitars than in steel strings. For those looking for cheap and decent, the Katohs I tried were very good tonewise.

I'm old, but this, my go-to, is a lot older than me. It sounds better than it looks:

Mitche27, to post pics, you first have to put them up on an image hosting site (I use Flickr) and then copy the image URL from there into the image icon above the reply box.
Quote by codyrex97
Hello, nothing major but this was my first time doing any sort of "woodwork" on a guitar, my Yamaha FD01S. Was super nervous about it but followed instructions from everywhere I've researched and I think it came out well.

EDIT: Didn't even state what I was modifying. Strap Button Installation!!!

How: I put a small pilot dent in the heel where I wanted the button, so the drill wouldn't slip. Got the appropriate sized drill-bit, marked how deep it should go by drawing on the drill-bit with a marker, then just drilled in to the mark trying to keep drill at right angle. After that was done i just put the button over the hole and screwed the screw into the pilot hole nice and snug. Didn't look like a 100% perfect angle but it looked good once done. Pretty standard procedure, yes.

Here's the before.

And here's the after.

And with the strap on.

Didn't insert images because they came out like 20x bigger than the computer screen.

Would love critique on the positioning and technique!

I had the same thing done to my acoustic at a local shop for $5 and it looks almost identical to that! Good work, I wanted to do it myself but got scared I would split the wood, and for $5 the local price was right. Mine is the Yamaha Eterna below a couple posts.
I've seen this guitar on the wall at 5 star in Hillsboro, OR, pretty cool
I seldom pass up the chance to show off the girls.

Details are listed in my profile, but on the left wall top row:
D28 custom built by Doug Trivette
Martin LX1E
Ovation Prototype Classical

Left wall bottom:
Taylor 310
Martin DCPA5

Right Wall:
Fender Santa Cruz
Fender Dobro
Last edited by tgaume at Oct 16, 2015,
Page 1 of 4