Hey all, I've got a Peavey Vypyr VIP III, it's not my regular use amp, but I like to keep all my gear in good shape. Anyway, some of the knobs/dials have stopped working, or don't do anything when turned. Anyone else have this problem? Know any simple solutions? Or am i looking at replacing pots?
I also doubt they are straight pots. Some sort of digital selector.
Aren't those relatively new amps? I can't imagine they broke.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
There's basically a computer in that amp driving all the modeling. Just digging around a little, I see a lot of mentions of firmware. Maybe it needs an update?
I checked the manual, but it's pretty useless as far as troubleshooting.

One guy on a forum had an issue where it powered up, but the display didn't have much of anything on it, and the knobs did nothing. He cycled power 5 or 6 times and it started working again.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Yeah it is a new amp, only about two years old. I gt it right after they started making them a couple years ago. I just have no idea what to do about it. When you say cycle power you mean just turn it on and off a half dozen times?
Electronics technician here. I don't think you've got any pots in that.

Look online for a method to do a factory reset. If you can't figure that out then you probably don't have enough training for this. Factory reset might solve all of the problems. If more than one knob is malfunctioning then it's not likely that you've just got a problem with the knobs, ya dig? There's probably a discrete component (chip, for example) that went funny.
Yeah four of the EQ knobs aren't working; pre-gain, mid, high, and post gain. Lows, presets, power, master volume, inst/stomp, amplifiers, and effects knobs work fine. Tried the factory reset. It didn't resolve anything.
Update. I decided to play some bass through the VIP III today and i smelled something burning inside the VYPYR. I promptly unplugged it and moved it away from anything that could catch. The amp wont turn on at all.
We've tracked it down. Apparently this guy used your amp when you weren't looking. He thought it was a tube amp, got upset when he found it was solidian statissian, it pissed him off and he turned around and pissed on it. He's very sorry, he's in custody and he's claiming he was under the influence of an alien anal probe or something.